Tesla Coil

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Kurtman, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Kurtman

Kurtman Lieutenant Red Shirt

Greetings fellow tre-ch-ies!

I am looking for someone with experience in building Tesla Coils and/or general experience in electrical engineering.

If you are, could you please describe the parts and/or workings of a basic coil? As a project for school I am going to study the maths theory behind it, aswell as attempting to build one.

Thanks in advance!

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

3. Kurtman

Thanks for the links. I will surely borrow a digital camera aswell as compose a log to document my progress.

4. Alaedhros

Alaedhros Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. kv1at3485

kv1at3485 Commodore Commodore

6. splodenode

splodenode Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

you need the capacitor out of a microwave

7. Kurtman

After hours of searching I found a book called Tesla Coil. It pretty much covers everything one needs to know, including the resonance theory.

At the end of each school year there is a miniature expo in the main hall where all the second year students' projects are displayed. They are always pretty lame and are often no more complex than the feeding habits of goldfish.
    The last couple of years some people have been forced to bring refreshments to get any attention.

I intend to get some long forgotten "Aaaah"s and "Oooh"s. (Aswell as impress underrating teachers)

Edit: ...and thanks for the microwave oven capacitor tip. :thumbsup:

Edit2: If it won't get any reaction, electrocuting them all will at least bring me pleasure *queue evil laugh* :devil: