Tennis 2015

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by JirinPanthosa, Jan 28, 2015.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I used to follow tennis extremely closely in college. It's much harder now because the biggest events air during the work day. But I've been watching a lot of the Australian Open happening now and kind of getting into it.

The WTA is obviously in love with Madison Keys. She's 19, just reached her first slam semifinal and they're already calling her the future of women's tennis. They are so relieved they're being handed another tennis celebrity, they're going to market the shit out of her.

They're real desperate about how to market the men's game. In the 90s they had Sampras and Agassi. Now three people have won 95% of the majors for the last decade, nobody has really challenged them for dominance, and none of the people who do are sexy or American.

I can only imagine what'll happen to the men's game when Federer, Nadal and Djokovic decline. I imagine it'll be like the post-Sampras years when some random low seed won every tournament and was never heard from again.

Don't know how I'll possibly follow the French and Wimbledon which due to their time zones only play while I'm at work.