Teen Wolf Season 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jun 28, 2015.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Season 5 of Teen Wolf starts tomorrow night.
    Here's the description from the official MTV site.
    Trailer:
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4YDcV1QpLk[/yt]

First 6 Minutes:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhTmxLE8cqY[/yt]

New credits sequence:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msqus_8qOBs[/yt]

I'm still working my way through the last few episodes of Season 4, and my memory of those episodes isn't that clear. The only thing I do remember for sure is Peter being locked up in Eichen House. I'm very curious to see if that is the last we'll see of him.

Apparently our new villains, who we see glimpses of in the credits and in the first teaser are apparently called The Doctors.
    TW is one of my favorite shows right now, so I'm really looking forward to the new season.

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thanks for the reminder. I confess I don't watch the rest of MTV's programming, so I haven't seen any promos.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just finished up the finale, and so I'm pretty pumped for the premiere, and I actually work early today so I'll be able to watch it.
    I also rewatched the trailer and noticed something interest. We see several scenes in the trailer with Dr. Third Eye from the finale, so I'm wondering now if he might be one of "The Doctors".
    They also made several references to The Desert Wolf, so I'm thinking we might get to meet her. The fact that they're being so mysterious about her makes me wonder if she'll end up being someone we know.
    We also still have Kate out there, so I wouldn't be surprised if she pops up again sometime.

ETA: Here's the TV Guide description for tonight's premiere:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  4. Greg Cox

My DVR is set.

FYI: Apparently we're getting two new eps this week, one tonight and another one tomorrow night.

You are warned.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  5. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Where's Tyler Hoechlin? :(

Man, that Dylan Sprayberry. I can't believe he's not 18 yet. :shifty:

Shoutout to Oaktown and the East Bay!

This is Season 5. Shouldn't they be in college now?

DS9Continuing likes this.
  6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They are starting senior year.
    I thought this was a really good premiere. The new bad guys are definitely creepy.
    We got some nice character stuff in here with everybody dealing with it being senior year.
    I had completely forgotten that Malia's adopted dad was still around. I don't they showed or even mentioned him at all last season, we pretty much only saw her at Stiles' or with another member of the Pack. I'm a big fan of Todd Stashwick so I really hope we see more of him.
    I got a kick out of seeing Aiden again, and I liked the little tribute to Alison. A lot of times when a character leaves they never really talk about them much once everything with them is resolved, so I was glad to see they haven't forgotten about the dead characters.
    I'm curious what exactly is going on with Lydia in the flashforwards, because I doubt they're actually going to kill all of those characters.
    I was trying to think of fire related possibilities for what Parish is and I've come up with two so far, Phoenix or Ifrit.

7. Greg Cox

I had no idea who that was supposed to be. To be honest, TEEN WOLF sometimes overestimates the degree to which every viewer remembers every minor guest-star and tertiary character, even if they haven't been mentioned for a season or two.

"Ohmigod, it's Mortimer!"

"Um, who is Mortimer again?"

"You know, that minor character who popped up in three episodes two seasons ago . ..."

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I've run into that a few times. I'm pretty sure that was also Dr. Third Eye at the end with Lydia, but I'm not completely sure. The drill thing was a big indicator.
    I'm surprised there hasn't been more activity on the thread. I thought Teen Wolf was more popular on the BBS than this.

EDIT: We get the second half of the premiere tonight.
    Here's TV Guide's description:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  9. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, there's some issues on reprising characters.

I must be getting old, because while the young guys look good shirtless, I find the fathers much hotter.

10. Gryffindorian

I missed the ending because my DVR cut out the last minute. Grrr! I'll have to watch it on-demand. Theo was holding a hammer and was about to beat his "father's" hand with it. His parents seemed terrified of him. What's up with that?

I'm thinking the Borg/Steampunk doctors are making artificial werewolves to kill Scott and his pack.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, they do seems to be making, or at least altering shapeshifters, but Scott and the Pack are secondary to their main goal.
    In the end of the first episode, The Doctors were talking about removing obstacles, so it seems The Pack is a threat to whatever their actual main goal is.
    They keep talking about the rules changing, so it seems to me that The Doctors might be using science to do what used to be supernatural.

12. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Just caught up, sooo, magical steampunk Borg... I love the sheer craziness of this show, should be fun.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the design of The Doctors.

14. Gryffindorian

Did I use the correct term - Steampunk? Or is it more like Cyberpunk?

15. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Nah, Steampunk works, they have this certain 19th/early 20th century aesthetic going on. Cyberpunk would be more like the Matrix.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tonight's episode is Dreamcatchers.

17. Gryffindorian

So did they ever explain why Tracy was killing off the people who were trying to help her, including Lydia's mom? I guess it didn't really matter because the Borg doctors came and killed Tracy. I was surprised when it was revealed she was a Kanima.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, they said she still thought she was dreaming. She did see Scott, and the others as The Doctors when they first approached her. I don't think she was aware of what she was doing.
    I did not expect the Kanima reveal, that was a nice surprise.
    Did the girl who Tracy grabbed heal? Did that mean she is a shapeshifter or will she become one?

19. Gryffindorian

I thought the female classmate didn't really get injured when Tracy grabbed her arm. I suppose it's possible she has rapid regeneration.

20. Greg Cox

I think the clear implication is that she's been infected somehow. By the time she washed off the blood, the wound was already healed . ...

Uh-oh!