Surely something good happened to you today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Giving USA All My Many Oil Moderator

Two good things actually happened today! A brief respite and counterpoint to the 1287 bad things that have happened over the last two weeks.

1. A random stranger started talking to me in a waiting room, and after a bit of hesitation, I was actually able to carry on a small, mostly-intelligible conversation. I know most of you are probably thinking "yeah, so?", but give me my small victories! ;)

2. Medical person asked me to confirm my identity a second time. I did so, but must have appeared confused or something, because she explained, "you don't look <age on documentation>, so I just wanted to make sure I had the right person". Congratulations, you're now officially my favourite person here! :D

2. Feltman_Langer

Feltman_Langer Lieutenant Red Shirt

Todays good thing? Found a very tasty dark rum :)

3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have managed to be able to continue to afford to look for work. (Looking for work costs money too.)

4. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Giving USA All My Many Oil Moderator

New Star Trek episodes from two different series aired on the same day today, for the first time in decades!

(With apologies and sympathies to those members outside of the US and Canada. :( )

5. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Got an ICEE yesterday and a $20 eshop card. Was able to get a couple of games that were on sale. Nintendo is having a pretty good sale right now.

6. dupersuper

dupersuper Commodore Commodore

Four for me that day if you count The Center Seat: 55 Years of Star Trek and Ready Room.

7. Westie1701

Westie1701 Captain Red Shirt

I made consommé from scratch today, and for only the 3rd or 4th time it was as clear as a (insert proper Star Trek reference) sky !

I'd say Risa, but then Vash shows up and things get weird... :rolleyes:

8. scotpens

scotpens scotpens Premium Member

For the last few days I've been trying out a new over-the-ear hearing aid. I was in my car, getting ready to leave the El Pollo Loco parking lot, when I pulled off my face mask too quickly and dislodged the hearing aid. I searched the car up and down -- under the seats, under the floor mats, between the seats and the console -- but couldn't find the damn thing. How the hell could it have disappeared?

So I get home and when I unbuckle my belt, the hearing aid falls to the floor. Apparently it had somehow gotten stuck between my belt and my pants. All the time it wasn't in the car after all -- it was on my person!

So now I feel like an idiot, but at least I didn't lose a $1700 hearing aid.

9. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Quoter of Quotes Premium Member

Which one?

Westie1701 likes this.
  10. DEWLine

I was able to attend a Zoom chat for my local science fiction club last night.

11. Westie1701

I did a 7-mile hike today with the dogs ! Thanks to the new brace for my wonky knee I'm back up to speed, and loving the time I have to spend exploring the woods...

Also: no bears. Always a bonus ;)

12. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished putting up the Christmas decorations in my yard today. I'm really tired but a couple of people stopped to tell me they liked the yard.
    I didn't really feel like doing much this year but almost no one else on my street decorates.

13. Westie1701

You can be the Clark Griswold of your neighborhood ! :techman:

[​IMG]

14. DEWLine

People will have some things to say - perhaps not for the first time - about Taffy Lane here in Orléans, east of Ottawa. The Griswolds got nothin' on Taffy Lane! Most of the rest of us across Ottawa-Gatineau don't even try to match that street for Christmas decor.

15. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Got Spotify again... just restarted my old free account. It's improved since I last used it. It's a good option for me to listen to music on until I can get a new jack for my Ipod.

16. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

My dissolvable stitches have started to fall out of my forehead. It's been several weeks and they were itching like crazy! Of course, I have been picking at them...probably not smart and my kids wouldn't approve if I was dumb enough to tell them. :whistle:

17. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Quoter of Quotes Premium Member

Last night my hubby and I went to the Luminarias event at the Desert Botanical Garden. It was a beautiful night and we had a lovely time.

18. Westie1701

I'm hearing "It's gonna leave a scar !" in my dad's voice, Velocity ! Stop picking !

I know how itchy it can get, unfortunately - have you tried an anti-itch, numbing cream ? I used something with Licocaine that the pharmacist recommended and it worked wonders...

Sending healing hugs :)

Commander Troi and Velocity like this.
  19. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for your suggestion and hugs. I'll send my favorite son to the pharmacy.

Commander Troi and Westie1701 like this.
  20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Got my COVID vaccine booster shot today. :techman: