Summer Season's New Sci-Fi/Fantasy Shows (cable)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, May 25, 2011.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Falling Skies: Trailer
    Alphas: Trailer
    These are the only two I could find, and I'm really looking forward to both of them.

2. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You could probably mention [​IMG] on BBC America (it's new to U.S. audiences)
    and
    [​IMG] on MTV.

3. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oi vay, Teen Wolf. Should just remake Vision Quest too while they're at it.

4. Vendikarr

Please don't give them more ideas.

5. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does Outcasts have an official premiere date yet? I would imagine it will start when Doctor Who takes a break, but I don't think I've heard anything official yet.

6. Vendikarr

This is my signature at the syfy.com forums. It seems appropriate to post it here.

Here are the premier dates of the genre related series coming this summer

[​IMG]

7. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Alphas looks like Heroes redux. Plus it being a SyFy show makes me think it won't be worth watching.

Falling Skies is the only show-sff or otherwise- coming out this summer that I'm the least bit interested in.

8. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I Might try falling skies, it could be really good or really bad...

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I actually stuck with Heroes, until the bitter end (personally, I think S4 was starting to get a little better, and was better than S2 or S3), and yea, I'll try Alphas, but, the commercials don't give me any great faith it'll be to my liking.

10. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Futurama's back, eh?

The new season showed some signs of Simpsons-like fatigue (the Susan Boyle episode in particular), but it still had some stronger half-hours, like the very sharp mind-switching episode. Figure I'll keep up with it for now.

Trailer looked alright, although the news clips left me a little miffed ('renowned astrophysicist'? A real media outlet would probably provide a name there); alien invasion stories aren't always my cuppa but maybe they'll have an interesting twist on it... or not.

11. Vendikarr

June 18th.

12. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I confess: I need to check out Teen Wolf. I never saw the original movie, but this looks like it could be fun.

Besides, I can never resist vampires or werewolves . . .

(Dare I admit I was up until 1 pm rewatching HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS last night?)

14. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Can't wait for Eureka's return!!

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

From what I've heard, any similarity to Heroes seems very superficial. Also, the showrunner is Ira Steven Behr (Deep Space Nine, The 4400), which means it should definitely be worth checking out.

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm jazzed about Fallen Skies and Futurama, and will check out some of the others as well.

17. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't like The 4400 or his work on that. I did enjoy a lot of the things he did do on DS9(the arcs, the Dominion War stories) but I hated Vic Fontaine, the Ferengi stories, the Jadzia/Worf romance, the wasted potential of the Federation/Klingon hostilities. He is a very hit-or-miss writer.

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm skeptical about everything skiffy does. It's all such garbage anymore. If Alphas takes the same happy-dippy tone that Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Haven do, I won't be watching for long.

I could never get into The 4400. I really have no sense of whether I'd like a show because Behr is involved, minus everyone else who worked on DS9.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't know Outcasts was going to be on BBCA. I've been wanting to check that out. I don't get BBCA, but alot of their stuff is up on Netflix so, I'll be keeping an eye out for that. And I totally forgot about Teen Wolf.
    I didn't know that. I loved the stuff he did on both DS9 and The 4400, so I will definitely be checking this out.
    :rommie: I always find it funny when I read something like that, because it is the "happy-dippy tone" of Eureka and Warehouse 13 that have made them two of my all time favorite shows. If had to pick between more dark BSG (another favorite of mine) type shows or light, fun Eureka/Warehouse 13 type stuff I would pick the later by a long shot.

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'd rather see more shows that fall between those extremes.