Stranger Things Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Nth Doctor, Jul 23, 2017.

?

How do you rate season 2?

1. A+

13.8%
  2. A

48.3%
  3. A-

27.6%
  4. B+

3.4%
  5. B

6.9%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

With a new full trailer from Comic-Con, I figured it's time to start a new thread:

Looks sooo good. And she's bbbaaaccckkk!

Can anyone identify the voice narrating the middle of the trailer? It sounds very familiar but I can't place it.

Somehow I've never heard of Dragon's Lair because I didn't think it was real until I looked it up, but it was no surprise that the animation was done by Don Bluth. Unmistakable style. :D

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

You mean Vincent Price from Thriller? How old are you?

3. The Nth Doctor

Ah, I never bothered to watch that music video (never been a fan of Michael Jackson), but that explains why I recognize his voice.

4. Mr. Adventure

Even if one wasn't a fan I think they should see the videos for Beat It, Billie Jean, Thriller and Smooth Criminal because they are all classic and oft-referenced.

5. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This was one of the best trailers I've seen recently. This show just hits all the right places for me (80's kid).

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Excellent trailer.

7. The Nth Doctor

Same here...even if the references for Thriller and Dragon's Lair partially went over my head (I did recognize the music eventually for the former and immediately recognized Bluth's style).

8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was a cool trailer. ST might be a series I need to see again before the new season starts. It's been a while, but I do remember basically doing the entire season in a night, which is something I don't normally do. There was something really captivating about it.

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Dragon's Lair :techman:

Excellent trailer.

10. The Nth Doctor

I'm definitely going to watch the first season again, not just as a refresher, but also because it was so damn good.

11. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I literally squealed when i saw Dragon's Lair.. i remember when it was originally released and it was a small revolution back then due to its graphics. I was so sad that i didn't have a PC back then that could run it.

I so love this show.. its style, what it borrows from other works that came before (Akira for example) and what memories it brings back up. I was born in 75 so this is all familiar to me ;) I can't wait until it starts.. one of the breakout hits of last year.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  12. Mr. Adventure

Dragon's Lair to give a little context to those who weren't around back then was based on a laser disc playing the scenes and the player's inputs at key moments would pick which scene would play next so it was kind of like a choose your own adventure book as much as it was a game. It was also hard as hell and expensive to boot, often requiring 50 cents or more to play, and the only real way to get far was through rote memorization after dying over and over. It looks like the scene they show in the trailer is close to the end so Dustin probably almost beat the game before ignominiously dying.

There are version around to run on contemporary machines or even DVD/Blu-Ray players controlled with your remote. You can also watch the whole thing on Youtube. If you're real good you can get the arcade version running through emulation on the PC.

13. Taresu River

Taresu River Cadet Newbie

Stranger Things feels like home. Everything in the show is familiar and enjoyable, even though I'm a 90s kid. Looking forward to season 2

Tesophius and The Nth Doctor like this.
  14. The Nth Doctor

What if Stranger Things was an 80s video game?

Netflix is seriously upping their marketing game. :D

Serial thread killer likes this.
  15. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice trailer. I was born in 1970 so I was exactly the same age as the kids in this series. I was never allowed to play Dragon's Lair but everything else is total nostalgia for me.

16. Mr. Adventure

Cute but my OCD can't help notice that the Eggo inventory counter seems wonky as hell. He grabs one and gets +3 and gives one to Eleven and his inventory goes -2? I suppose some games represent multiple objects with just one image but it just seems odd.

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Final trailer.

Only two more weeks to go!

18. Mr. Adventure

I'm in media shutdown mode with it so close to release. Can't wait to watch it though.

19. The Nth Doctor

I can't wait! Time to listen to put the season 1 score on repeat again. :D

20. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Once the season drops I'm going full crazy-hermit, I'll cut the phone line, kill the doorbell and lock myself in a room with some cans of baked beans, Red Bull and a bucket! Wait, this is only nine hours in total... yeah, still gonna do that.