Stories you would have told in season seven

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JirinPanthosa, Nov 24, 2012.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

During the last season of Voyager, my strongest memory was thinking about how many missed opportunities they had. I think a lot of people felt the same way, so this thread is your opportunity to rewrite the events leading up to the ending.

1. Full circle ending just like TNG and DS9. Voyager finds the home of the Caretaker species and there is a massive battle between the 'sporocystian' lifeforms and the borg, which results in them sending Voyager home, and the caretakers going to war with the Borg to protect the galaxy just as the original Caretaker protected the Ocampa.

2. Borg origin story. Voyager abused the hell out of time travel, having like four episodes per season, and it never occurred to them to go back in time to the Borg homeworld, right before they became the Borg? They could have massive ethical debates about the 'Temporal prime directive' when they could save trillions of lives but completely rewrite the timeline of the entire galaxy in the process.

3. A couple episodes after getting home. Why did they not get to Earth until the final scene? They had a brilliant opportunity to show them trying to re-assimilate, to see them have to deal with the Maquis division they hadn't thought about in years. The Maquis would obviously all be pardoned, but accepted into Starfleet at their Voyager field rank? And would they want to stay in Starfleet or go back to try to rebuild their colonies that had been destroyed by the dominion? And what happens when Janeway meets Mark again? So many missed opportunities.

Basically I would have had them get home a with five or six episodes left, then in the last episode, some ship on the edge of Federation space meets a caretaker and Janeway gets called in due to her experience with them.

How would you have ended the show differently?

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

1. The secret love affair of Sam Wildman and Neelix.

2. What ever became of the equinox 5?

3. Seven becomes addicted to Chakotay's holoPeote, I mean she's in there looking for her spirit animal guide like everyone else, and then she says "This is a collective. gosh. This is a collective: AND IT FEELS SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD."

4. Naomi takes her entrance exams to Starfleet academy.

5. Seska who is still passing for a Bajoran travels forward in time, and the present day crew have to keep their lips tight about what a bitch she is as they try to send her back without disrupting the timeline pretending that nothing bad happened to her and that they never figured out that she was a spy.

6. CROSSINGINTOTHEBETAFUCKINGQUADRANT!

7. The culling of Fairhaven. just have some lowerdecks psychos hade in their with flame throwers and fragmentation weapons, then reset the program and go home fr the night. I fust want to see them pickled Irishmen running through the burning streets as Delta Flyers straif the village square and even the schools.

8 Harry falls in love with pregnant B'Elanna and has to shut his dirty face before some one punches him till he stops breathing.

9 Tuvok does kung Fu. I saw him judoflip some nasty bugger once in gravity because he didn't have a gun, but he's three times stronger and 5 times faster than a human being yet he keeps order by moving his eyebrow with menace. I just want to see him punch through someones chest. If in Caretaker there were kazon with missing hearts, I don't think that they would have followed Voyager so closely for the next two years.

10. Janeway is seduced well by a mere crewman upending all her idiot ideas about how she's better than her crew (sexually).

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

^I can't pick the high point there, it's a toss up between the starfleet entry exams and crossing into the Beta quadrant.

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Voyager comes across the skeletal remains of the Robinson family, aboard the rusting hulk of the Jupiter 2. An audio file is recovered of a single male voice crying "Oh, the pain! The pain!" The Robot is repaired, and Seven marries him, becoming Seven of B-9.

5. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Frankly, I'm glad Voyager didn't do a full circle ending.
    After TNG & DS9 did it, having Voyager do it would have been too predictable IMO. I kinda like the ending gave us the unexpected.

I would have given "Endgame" 5 more minutes and have Janeway giving her first Adm. log by telling what happened to the crew after Voyager got home. As she was narrating it we'd see those events with the characters take place.

While I think 7th season might have been too late for the story, I've always wanted a ep. where we saw what Neelix' life was like on Rinax. We never got to see exactly all he lost. I think we'd learn to feel sorry for him if we knew what life was like for him before he lost it all.

I would have(if the actress was available) built up a romance for Chakotay with the blonde woman from the Equinox. Through her we could of been filled in on the rest of them without having to bring those actors back. It would have developed Chakotay's character and been a more satisfactory ending for him than hooking him up with Seven.

I would have done one more Kes story. Her getting back to Ocampa and find out hey had become slaves to the Kazon It also would have been a great way to revisit Seska's child and he be the new Maj. His Cardassian cruelty is what kept the Kazon in power by using the Ocampa as forced labor. I'd have Kes teach the Ocampa to us their mental abilities and wage war on their slave masters. I would have the ep. end with Kes' death but her legacy would live on in Ocampian culture.

I would have the Vadwaar return and turned them into desperate terrorist. I would have done a story were they mirrored the Maquis but unlike the Maquis being freedom fighters, they be more like Cardassians. Terrorizing civilizations for their survival.

I would have done a Harry/Tuvok story where Tuvok takes Harry under his wing allowing Harry to finally mature and earn the rank of Lt.

6. teacake

An alien race revive Stadi who has been dead in a frozen tube in sickbay for 6 years. She and Tal Celes take over Harry and Tom's positions as they have both died at the end of Season 6 in a holodeck accident (the record of which is sealed by Janeway to spare their families humiliation).

Chakotay dies in his sleep from brain chiggers in the third episode. In keeping with her tradition of taking the enemy and turning them into her first officer Janeway pulls the blonde Equinox woman off conduit scrubbing duty and installs her as her Number One. It is STRONGLY suggested that blonde Equinox woman and Tal Celes are having an affair.

Janeway steals a piece of holoemitter from the ship and permanently installs Michael Sullivan in her quarters. He deactivates if anyone else enters and also if she has a headache.

7. Guy Gardener

The Killer Bees do not believe in anything that happened before Scorpion.

Nothing happened before Scorpion.

Scorpion now is and has always been the first episode of Star Trek Voyager...

Which means that Endgame was the perfect mirrored full circle bookend to the first episode of Star Trek Voyager.

"Marla Gilmore."

8. teacake

A world without an angry warrior speech.. yes, YES.

Marla really is very beautiful (and potentially complex), not showing her again was a big mistake.

9. Guy Gardener

You can't tell jokes about PTSD.

Chakotay walks into sickbay with two black eyes. "Doc, you have to help me, my girlfriend keeps kicking my ass in her sleep. In the beginning it was kind of hot, but she needs therapy or sedatives, one or the other, I can't deal with another night of waking up with her hands around my throat."

10. teacake

.. screaming, GET ME SOME MORE WARP POWER you space beastie!!

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    A proper lower decks episode with the main cast only on viewscreens or intercom. Except for the Doc :p And more Lyndsay Ballard!

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

"The Trial of Kathryn Janeway"! Kind of a clip show, but done right. I was suprised when the post-series books put her straight to work as an Admiral after all her prime directive violations.

Maybe put the whole crew on trial. Even Tuvok broke the PD at one point.

13. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd have liked a story where Voyager encounters one of the 100 changelings the Founders sent out.

14. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To me, little things could have helped.

Like setting up the Chakotay/Seven thing earlier in the season. Neelix beginning to have doubts about wether or not he would feel at home on Earth somewhere halfway during the season. And ofcourse, one or two eps dealing with Voyager actually being back.

15. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    teacake hates trial episodes. Maybe she'd like that one though.

16. Alpha Flyer

Alpha Flyer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The forgotten Borg baby has wormed its way through the environmental tubes all the way down to Deck 15, where it has assimilated Mortimer Harren and has been building a new vincula out of spare parts and bits from crashed shuttlecraft. The resulting feedback loop generated when Voyager goes through the transwarp conduit causes a rift in the space time continuum, meaning one Voyager ends up in the Alpha Quadrant, while the other is thrown back to Season 1, and given the opportunity to erase all sorts of unfortunate events, people, and speeches (and yes, Teacake, the "Angry Warrior" speech would be alternate history). Harry Kim remains an Ensign for another 7 years.

17. teacake

I was just going to reply, "but I hate trial episodes" LOLOL

Maybe if Janeway was in prison garb throughout I might choke it down, but only if the prosecutor was someone like Nechayev and worth looking at.

The rest of them though, they can be shipped off to the NZ penal colony for some R and R.

18. Guy Gardener

This is why I hate Harry Potter, every time he breaks the school rules, Dimblenuts turns the world upside down and gives his house special extra imaginary points for "inventiveness" when he really should be expelled for being a four eyed menace. After the first year when that that happened, harry should have woke up with his face submerged in the toilet... After the second year bones deserved to be broken.

Janeway will win any trial because she is the sort of hard arse that says "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" and then it turns out that they can't, because her villains were all milksop bullshit wimp losers.

19. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

A decent Kes come-back story, like "Coming Home" which I wrote back then.

It can be found on the Kes website at:http://lynx677.byethost12.com/ under the link "Kes Stories"

20. teacake

I completely agree.

Though really I'm happy for her to be shipped off to the penal colony and I would love a whole season of Janeway in prison though maybe not doing outside work like we saw with Paris because she gets a bit too lyrical about that kind of thing and it's dull.

Russian Janeway is coming.