StartUp has a lot of Potential.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Startup on Wikipedia.

StartUp on IMDB.

Just finished the pilot.

I love me some Adam Brody. :)

Pretty nerd invents second generation Bit Coin that corrupt banker uses to hide mob money from the FBI, AND the Mob. I'd say that we are looking at a less pompous cross between Billions and Halt and Catch Fire. :)

A little bit of violence, not a lot of bad language, some torture, and no nudity despite several sex scenes. Clever writing about laying down a landscape where four adversarial entities try to figure out why they should embrace rather than destroy. StartUp has ten episodes to figure out who gets killed in the end.

You may have to subscribe to the streaming service Crackle, but then again, you may not.

Hmmm?

Deadline thinks StartUp is crap.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/startup...-brody-video-1201807736/#comment-list-wrapper

####'em, I still like it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  2. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Guy, who is the Brit on Halt?

3. Guy Gardener

For some reason I thought it was Lee, but that isn't true.

How odd.

4. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Mackenzie Davis is Canadian, and Kerry Bishe was born in New Zealand, so close enough.

5. Guy Gardener

So, no one subscribes to Crackle?

They haven't much original content, but Chosen (Present day set Murder Game where blackmailed civilians hunt each other through the streets of LA while the police turn a blind eye.), Sequested (A Jurist is told that their family will be murdered unless they can fix the rest of the jury too.) and Cleaners (Female assassins killing lots and lots of people graphically but sometimes comically. It's got the other girl from Hannah Montana in it as the less stable homicidal maniac) were very enjoyable.

6. Guy Gardener

The Full season dropped a couple days ago. I'm finally starting the final (10th) episode, and it's been an extreme ride balancing the Haitian Mob fighting over corners, a corrupt FBI agent waiting for Internal Affairs to and a bolshie sexy Cuban girl version of Steve Jobs trundling towards a bad end.

Of course there were three episodes near the beginning with almost as much blood in it as a Hellraiser movie, but other than that it was/is quite fun. StartUp is not decompressed like Breaking Bad. Something is always happening and they are heading toward a goal-line, which seems less defined about founding a company than it does about surviving.

Pretty good. :)