Starship Wall of Fame (for sale?)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Envaris, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Envaris

Envaris Cadet Newbie

Hi Everyone,

New to the forums.

I was inspired by this article I saw where Ronald D. Moore share this:
    https://nerdvanamedia.com/featured/star-trek-the-next-generation-enterprise-wall-of-fame/105405/

This got me thinking. Does anyone make (3d print?) and sell something similar? I'd love to put something like this up on my wall.

The closest I was able to find was this from the UK:
    https://i.etsystatic.com/20724384/r/il/6b0b4a/2016829157/il_794xN.2016829157_j5vp.jpg

Which actually I like even better given it shows all the Enterprise ships up to E.

However, I tried contacting the seller and I'm not sure if they are still actively selling this or not (since I'm located in Canada and need to contact them directly).

I don't have a 3D Printer or 3D models. Is there anyone in the community that can 3D print these for me? I'm happy to pay a fair price. I'm also looking for them to be painted in a gold paint so it looks more like the ship wall of fame that Ronald D. Moore shared.

I'd appreciate guidance on how I can obtain something like this?

Many Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2020
  2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Hi @Envaris , and welcome to the TrekBBS!

First, I just wanted to mention that I made a slight edit to your post. I was concerned about the Etsy link possibly running afoul of our solicitation rules. I understand that you are not the seller, and sometimes we do make allowances for links to purchasing pages if it's only for illustrative purposes, but just to be on the safe side I changed your link to link directly to the picture instead. I figured this got your intent across, without linking directly to the purchasing page. I hope this is OK.

Second, if you are looking for advice on acquiring 3D-printed artwork, you might have a bit more success asking in the Fan Art forum. It's fine if you just want to leave the thread here, but if you wanted me or one of the other mods to move it to Fan Art, let us know!

Good luck!

3. Envaris

Envaris Cadet Newbie

Not at all. I appreciate it. Yes if Fan Art is the right place please do move this thread there. I wasn't sure where the best place would be.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  4. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

OK, sure thing! Heres's hoping the denizens of Fan Art are able to help you out!

5. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It depends how big you need it to be, and what your budget is. I can link you up to a good printer, but he ain't free...

6. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Look into if there is a printer available to the public, such as a public library, in your area. One of the posters here mentioned a printer used by the community at his local library.... if you aren't too concerned abut size and quality.

7. Norsehound

Norsehound Captain Captain

For anyone wanting to model this, might be helpful to dig up a bunch of reference photos for these. It would be a pretty neat decoration project, but practically full-scale is going to be expensive.

8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

For head cannon--put the Discovery era Enterprise after the TOS--but before the refit--and call it a lost eara Enterprise.

9. Envaris

Envaris Cadet Newbie

Thanks Everyone. I am getting help from the community and will hopefully have pics to show once the display is up. I went with Enterprise 1701-E at 30" long the remaining ships will be to scale to it.