News Star Wars on Disney+ at Launch

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Campe, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Per starwars.com, the following will be available at launch on Disney+ on November 12!

Live-Action Series
    • The Mandalorian
    Movies
    • Star Wars: A New Hope
    • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
    • Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
    • Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
    • Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
    • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    Documentaries
    • Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy
    Animated Series
    • Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Seasons One to Five)
    • Star Wars: The Clone Wars — The Lost Missions
    • Star Wars Rebels (All Seasons)
    • Star Wars Resistance Season One
    • LEGO Star Wars: The New Yoda Chronicles — Clash of the Skywalkers
    • LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales
    • LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures (All Seasons)
    • LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars
    Within the first year, The Last Jedi, Solo and The Rise of Skywalker will join the lineup. And there is mention of the final episodes of The Clone Wars in February along with mentions of both the Cassian and Obi-Wan series.

I for one am excited that the first season of Resistance will be on D+. I watched the pilot and it really wasn't for me, but I've heard it gets much better. I also am curious if Empire of Dreams will be HD or 4K. The version currently on Amazon Prime is SD.

Less than a month away!

2. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's funny, Solo and The Last Jedi are on Disney+ for us Dutchies right now. Kinda odd they'd only put in on there for the beta and then remove it.

3. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

I wonder if season 1 of Clone Wars will include the movie episodes since Warner Bros distributed it.

4. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It gets better, but very slowly and gradually. Don't expect a massive magical improvement by episode 4 or anything.

They may very well leave a lot of stuff there for the folks in The Netherlands. Or they may remove, we'll see. There are lots of notable differences (far beyond just Star Wars) if you compare the list of shows available now in the Netherlands to the list tweeted out by Disney+ this morning.

Remember, it's not a question of removing it so much as them simply not having the rights to stream it yet in the US and elsewhere. They have to wait for other contracts to run out.

Mage likes this.
  5. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Disney+ had separate tweets this morning for both the Clone Wars movie and the series.

So yes. (Though it might not be included as part of season 1, it might be separate.)

Booji likes this.
  6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would depend on their contract with other streaming services, like Netflix.

Mage likes this.
  7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Solo and TLJ are still on Netflix in the States/Canada.

Campe likes this.
  8. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

The interesting thing about this is that there's something in the streaming contracts about many Disney films (and other studios starting their own services) leaving Netflix, going to Disney+ until 2026 and then going back to Netflix. I don't know that they will ever return to D+ after that. The source doesn't give that information. So strange.

Source: Bloomberg

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, they still seem to count that material with the other theatrical releases. Which is fair enough since it was, but you'd think at this point they'd try splitting it back up into it's constituent and reintegrating it with season 1.
    Sort of a reverse of that thing Anime shows do when they edit down half a season's worth of episodes into an abridged mini-movie.