News Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022 [General Breaking News Discussion]

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Reverend, May 26, 2022.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

The convention has barely started and there's already a number of talking points, so I thought it'd be useful to have a grab-all thread to post announcements as and when they drop.

Highlights so far: -
    And here's the link to the livestream in case anyone wants to watch along.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    The Nth Doctor likes this.
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's gone from my feed. Might have been a fake?

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Considering the Willow also trailer dropped today, I'm hoping Harrison Ford's presence there means we'll get a teaser for the still untitled Indiana Jones sequel as well.

6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Katee Sackhoff is returning for season three of The Mandalorian.

Yeah, it was expected but it's still nice to see it confirmed and hear her talk about the role right now.

dupersuper likes this.
  8. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

The Andor teaser has whetted my appetite. Looks pretty good!

9. Tuskin38

The Mando S3 trailer leaked over on r/starwarsleaks, cell footage, bottom half of the video is cut off most of the time.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'll just wait until they post it on the official channel. I can't imagine they'll wait too long.

ETA: seeing some phone pics of a message they played of Rosario from the set of Ahsoka, and it looks like they've altered the prosthetics and made the lekku longer. I know it's a minor detail to focus on, but I was one of those finnicky people for whom the short tails were really bothersome (not that I couldn't look past it after a while.) So I'm glad they're making an effort to make it work practically.

Massivly off topic, but just to clarify why I found it so bothersome because I know some people object to this for other reasons; for me it's not a continuity issue (none of the animated characters look *exactly* like their live action incarnations anyway.) It's because the visual language Dave Filloni has used when drawing Ahsoka at the various stages of her life has very strongly associated the shape and length of the tails with human hair. To the point that when you see his sketches of her as a toddler, he's clearly trying to evoke pigtails to convey her youth and innocence. Then when you look at his art of her as an adult, the shape and length is clearly evoking that of a grown woman with long flowing locks.
    So with that in mind; seeing an adult Ahsoka with the shorter tails, felt oddly like seeing a grown woman in pigtails (compounded somewhat by the "reveal" shot being from sigh a high angle, making them look even shorter than they actually were.)

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    Booji and The Nth Doctor like this.
  11. Tuskin38

I doubt it. If they were going to release it they would have already. The Andor teaser was released right when Celebration saw it.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

As someone who hates stuff like The Goonies and Stranger Things, I am definitely giving that show a skip. I hated live action movies/shows starring kids when I was a kid, and my tolerance has not increased with age. I did really enjoy Ghostbusters Afterlife weirdly enough, but that was more of an exception to the rule.

As for the other announcements, they're all pretty good, but not much was unexpected. I still don't know why Andor is getting made but it looks decent. I have no idea why we're wasting time with the fanatic mandalorians in The Mandalorian Season 3, I thought we were finally done with them after the Mando episode of Boba Fett, but it looks like that is just the set up more then the point of the whole season.

The Willow trailer actually so0ld me on the show even though I haven't seen the movie (I know the plot from watching various videos on the internet over the years, but the movie seemed a bit too boring to ever bother with). Its probably partially because I'm starved for a Fantasy show that isn't grimdark and looks even slightly interesting, but I'll probably end up giving it a watch.

13. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

In case anyone missed any of these on the live stream, here's some of the SW Show stage interviews from yesterday.

By "too long" I meant days and/or weeks. I can wait, and I'd rather see a full resolution version with clear audio than something recorded on someone's phone.

dupersuper and The Nth Doctor like this.
  14. Tuskin38

I don’t think they’ll release it at all personally. The first public trailer will probably be a new cut

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah you're right. Promotional material is something they always keep away for the general public . . . :lol:
    From what I gather some of the VFX looked unfinished, so what they eventually release won't be a "new" cut so much as the final cut, because what they showed yesterday was probably still a work in progress.
    I'm sure it'll show up eventually at some point, in some form. I wouldn't fret.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  16. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for posting those videos.

I'm at Celebration, but didn't know about any of that stuff because I was doing other things or didn't hear about them.

17. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why would they be done? Season 2 literally ends with a member of a fringe group holding the darksaber and path to power to the throne of Mandalore.

Yup, totally done with Mandalorians...if only.:sigh:

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm a little late to the punch today, but the Day 2 livestream is up.

They also just posted the vod for yesterday's 'Lucasfilm Studio Showcase Recap'

And here's the Fallen Order 2 teaser.

I'll be honest, I have no clue who's in the tube . . .

The AotC 20th Anniversary Panel is on right now and as expected Temuera is stealing the show and Daniel Logan is in serious danger of laughing himself into an early grave. :lol:
    ETA: and unless I'm reading too much into it (a distinct possibility) Logan may have just let slip he's in Bad Batch. I mean all he did was mention Omega, so take that with a giant pinch of salt.

19. Tuskin38

Oh I didn't know they were streaming the AOTC panel.

No one does, it's a mystery.

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

The High Republic For Light and Life Panel vod it up.

I guess the way it was so dramatically revealed made me feel like I'm supposed to know who it was.

Last edited: May 28, 2022