STAR WARS Art

Dee1891

Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Let me start off with this - "Redemption" by John Brosio:

commissions-redemption.jpg

Corellian Engineering Corporation, R/AD 111-B. Prototype fighter manufactured in small numbers in an attempt to capture the Republic's starfighter contract, which it lost to Koensayr. Featured several new technologies including a transparisteel dome over the R2 socket, which went up on the lift from underneath that was also used to get into the ship for the pilot and crew.
CEC-RAD-111-B.png

The YT-1500 was a competitor for the personal business-class shuttle market, but built more robustly with heavier shields and combat thrusters that made Imperials narrow their eyes every time they saw one. The response from CEC's lawyers was classic: "The Courier was designed for people who live out beyond the Mid-Rim, where Imperial 'protection' is often lacking entirely." To date, no action has been taken by the Empire against CEC.
yt-1500-courier-class-shuttle-complete-by-twowolves80-df985kj-pre.jpg

cec-yt-1500lt-courier-class-shuttle-by-twowolves80-dfilc7e-pre.jpg

Theed Palace H-Type Nubian Yacht, extrapolated from the Complete Cross-Sections book.
h-type-nubian-yacht-final-by-twowolves80-devv0pd-pre.jpg

Also from the same book, the Republic Cruiser.
LOWER DECK:
consular-class-cruiser-lower-deck-final-by-twowolves80-deumiyf-pre.jpg

MAIN DECK:
consular-class-cruiser-main-deck-final-by-twowolves80-defeif6-pre.jpg

UPPER DECK:
dev0aq0-a61bf5d2-9be9-4baf-878e-8547945a634f.png

FLIGHT DECK:
Flight-Deck.png

Thank you! I literally pulled them from the book. So if you line it up with the Complete Cross-Sections book, for what is visible, it pretty well lines up. I tried contracting Jenssen after Chasemore directed me to him, but he was off racing Red Bull planes or something like that. I wish I could have picked his brain a little over the details.

Thank you! I literally pulled them from the book. So if you line it up with the Complete Cross-Sections book, for what is visible, it pretty well lines up. I tried contracting Jenssen after Chasemore directed me to him, but he was off racing Red Bull planes or something like that. I wish I could have picked his brain a little over the details.
You might look at the Tantive IV, since it's another Corellian style cruiser, though a newer design in the lineage, but yes I would like to see more details. Same with the Republic ship at the end of TPM. I would love to see that imagined interior.

You have any upcoming projects?

lmao I have that one mostly correct on paper, just have to digitze it. I lost my external harddrive, though, so I lost all my stuff and have to rebuild again. I was thinking of digitizing it, but the corridors are kind of hazy to me in the side-areas because it's hard to tell if they're not angled down into a mid-deck sort of corridor.

And no, nothing to serious. I'm hoping someone one dA whose doing amazeballs cut-aways of the Enterprise will lend me their idea (even though it's part of a commission) so I can make an actual floor plan and turn it into a blue print-looking schemata set like the one for the Raider above. Other than that...I dunno. If I can get the D'Deridex a plausible scenario as to how it might have been taken possession of by someone other than the Tal Shiar, I might be inspired enough to try to make a massive one. I also wanted to try my hand at mapping out the Venator-class Star Destroyer, and possible the Victories, but oof. I'm gonna need a lot more computing power to handle the size of the files even if I make one floor per file. Still ginormous. Probably have to split it into like 50-100 different files if I wanted to detail every little thing...which with enough coffee, anything is possible. lmao

If I can get the D'Deridex a plausible scenario as to how it might have been taken possession of by someone other than the Tal Shiar,
Well, Romulan supernova, leaves a power vacuum. Crew panics, and kills their leaders, but then in the infighting there isn't enough people to run the ship and they die.

Then someone else finds it.

Hmm...interesting...lol I was going to give it to a group of ex-Borg that broke away from the Collective and expand and retrofit it with way more advanced stuff like quantum slipstream drives (and thus, adding bigger nacelles), better shields, etc., then place it in the Beta Quadrant (which, with QSD means that travel times are--oh, well, we're there already? That was fast. lol), but make it so they have zero desire to empire build and want to simply continue Picard's mission in their own style, using the modified D'Deridex. I was going to introduce a quasi-religious aspect to it where they hold an almost reverential awe of truly advanced technology that's efficient, and obsess over efficiency and simplicity (so all their ship designs will be organic and Nubian-esque).

Hmm...interesting...lol I was going to give it to a group of ex-Borg that broke away from the Collective and expand and retrofit it with way more advanced stuff like quantum slipstream drives (and thus, adding bigger nacelles), better shields, etc., then place it in the Beta Quadrant (which, with QSD means that travel times are--oh, well, we're there already? That was fast. lol), but make it so they have zero desire to empire build and want to simply continue Picard's mission in their own style, using the modified D'Deridex. I was going to introduce a quasi-religious aspect to it where they hold an almost reverential awe of truly advanced technology that's efficient, and obsess over efficiency and simplicity (so all their ship designs will be organic and Nubian-esque).
Interesting. So a Borg variant of the hunt for perfection found it mimicking organic styles with technology?

Which, the Warbird would do since it uses an artificial singularity for it's power and Quantum could provide further abilities to their mission, not assimilating worlds but knowledge and technology.

I was going to elongate the "head" aftward to make it more akin to a tapered fuselage like the tilde (~) symbol, but tapering upward on the ventral side right as it joins the "wings" to give it more pressurized space for actual manufactories and refineries to basically make anything they need in situ, from starship parts to fuel, in addition to the replicator capabilities.

The homeworld, however, would likely have multi-layered defenses, even if it were low-tech stuff and gimmicks like using tuned holoprojectors to paint sensor images and fool targeting systems, have asteroid emplacements full of swarming kamikaze drones, that sort of thing. They know if the Collective finds them, there's going to be an armada sent to eliminate them the likes of which the Federation has never seen, and would likely just steam-roll the alpha quadrant. Especially if the whole "it's likely there's hundreds of thousands of cubes in Borg space." lmao Just one alone is enough to cause serious problems, not to mention any technology they'd pick up from hoovering up the other humanoid races like Vulcans, Romulans, and Ferengi--what do they have that the Federation doesn't know about that would become the Borg's? Ooof.

So they just hide as traders and merchant-researchers cruising around the Beta Quadrant and establishing networks of worlds to defend against any potential Borg invasions. They'd be setting up their own version of the Federation, or attempting to, I'm sure. There's safety (and anonymity) in numbers. Plus, perfecting the QSD would paint a target on them--wonder if there's a way to make it appear to sensors like a warp signature instead of what it actually is to hide it?

I was going to elongate the "head" aftward to make it more akin to a tapered fuselage like the tilde (~) symbol, but tapering upward on the ventral side right as it joins the "wings" to give it more pressurized space for actual manufactories and refineries to basically make anything they need in situ, from starship parts to fuel, in addition to the replicator capabilities.

The homeworld, however, would likely have multi-layered defenses, even if it were low-tech stuff and gimmicks like using tuned holoprojectors to paint sensor images and fool targeting systems, have asteroid emplacements full of swarming kamikaze drones, that sort of thing. They know if the Collective finds them, there's going to be an armada sent to eliminate them the likes of which the Federation has never seen, and would likely just steam-roll the alpha quadrant. Especially if the whole "it's likely there's hundreds of thousands of cubes in Borg space." lmao Just one alone is enough to cause serious problems, not to mention any technology they'd pick up from hoovering up the other humanoid races like Vulcans, Romulans, and Ferengi--what do they have that the Federation doesn't know about that would become the Borg's? Ooof.

So they just hide as traders and merchant-researchers cruising around the Beta Quadrant and establishing networks of worlds to defend against any potential Borg invasions. They'd be setting up their own version of the Federation, or attempting to, I'm sure. There's safety (and anonymity) in numbers. Plus, perfecting the QSD would paint a target on them--wonder if there's a way to make it appear to sensors like a warp signature instead of what it actually is to hide it?
Well, they could simply run a normal M/AM reaction as a disguise.

Plus, you could have them be following up on different tech ideas, like V'Ger, the Whale Probe, the Katarian probe, etc. It could be like almost a huge repository of knowledge in their quest for perfection.

Also, a higher resolution version of the interior view of the Courier so you can see the cockpit avionics. lol Made it look like the avionics for the space shuttle.

https://i.postimg.cc/T2bLF9yB/dfilc7e-2f381277-d4b2-4b27-97b1-a2bdb0e56239.png
That's the kind of attention to detail that I don't ever worry about in watching a show, but love the fans for creating.

Well, they could simply run a normal M/AM reaction as a disguise.

Plus, you could have them be following up on different tech ideas, like V'Ger, the Whale Probe, the Katarian probe, etc. It could be like almost a huge repository of knowledge in their quest for perfection.

Oooh, yeah! Taking the best of what's there and refining it to degrees far in excees of the designer's original idea. By being off by themselves, they could experiment and tinker without interference from the Federation or anyone else. Plus, the Tal Shiar would have no idea where the ship went, and it would probably be a flagship for this ex-Borg remnant. Basically, they'd turn it into a D'Deridex version of the Delta Flyer platform for experimenting and modifying. Opens up all kinds of story ideas, too, since it's in an unexplored (relatively) quadrant.

I imagine it returning to the alpha quadrant would cause a huge stir as the Federation would be hard pressed to stop it without attacking it, and the Tal Shiar would probably scheme to steal it after the initial shock wore off.

That's the kind of attention to detail that I don't ever worry about in watching a show, but love the fans for creating.

I love those little details because those are the things that make the set come alive. It wasn't the clean walls and floor of Picard's office to the side of the bridge--it was the models of ships and his personal touches. One thing you learn modifying Skyrim is that the more clutter you jam in, the more realistic it looks. For instance, would it have killed the directors of TNG to include some red shirts pushing a dolly loaded with boxes in the corridors? Would have really hurt to show occasional maintenance being done as Riker makes his way to a turbo lift? Seeing all those "behind-the-walls" details is what lends realism. I get that there's Starfleet codes and yadda yadda about decorum and all that, but they still could have added more without departing from the overall aesthetic.

Clearly…
tenor.gif

See? They should just hire me. I work for pennies, and come built with an obsessive mind for details so I can just point to where they need more clutter (or finally—the Star Trek version of the room a that keeps the corridors and bulkheads spotless. Lol) or more background activity.

I’m actually looking forward to designing the floor plans a deck by deck for the Enterprise D.

I love the organic look of it. It's elegant and physically beautiful. These images in the video are gorgeous--where did he get them from? Do actual floor plans exist? I mean, I can make it 3D with realistic shadows and everything, but I need to have something to start with.

Never understood what the Captain's Yacht was for, though, since I don't ever recall it getting used. Was there ever a bigger one than the Galaxy-class Enterprise D? I mean, it wasn't exactly tiny, but I wonder if they built something bigger in the same style.

I love the organic look of it. It's elegant and physically beautiful. These images in the video are gorgeous--where did he get them from? Do actual floor plans exist? I mean, I can make it 3D with realistic shadows and everything, but I need to have something to start with.
That, I don't know. There's a whole thread on their videos in the "Trek Tech" section.

Never understood what the Captain's Yacht was for, though, since I don't ever recall it getting used. Was there ever a bigger one than the Galaxy-class Enterprise D? I mean, it wasn't exactly tiny, but I wonder if they built something bigger in the same style.
Here's a fan concept of one idea.

And more on topic this fan art makes my heart warm and I love it:
yNTxcRG.jpg

Back