Star Trek: Waystation (Coming Soon)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ghiaman74, Aug 13, 2007.

1. ghiaman74

ghiaman74 Commander Red Shirt

Leelee has a business…

“You know something about goats?” Vince asked.

“I know something about well put together bodies.”

“I’ll say.” Vince looked up and down the Deltan’s fit figure. “So business is still booming even with the goat situation?”

Leelee rolled her eyes. “Business has never been booming.”

“What? You’re able to practice your trade freely, outside of any legal jurisdiction.”

Leelee smirked. “You must still have some of that Starfleet mentality left in you. Just because I can conduct business un-harassed doesn’t mean everyone is buying my product. This isn’t exactly a bustling station.”

Jendi has a six year old…

“…then it can wait until after breakfast. We’re in the black. We should celebrate. Let’s go down to the mall. I’ll buy you breakfast. That kid of yours on solids yet? I’ll spring for her too.”

“Tama is six.” Jendi reminded him.

“Good, she won’t eat that much.” Vince liked good news.

Dell has a special…

Jaster straightened the collar of his silk shirt as he noted Dell’s faded jeans and leather boots. “I think I’m underdressed. Anything edible in here?”

“Chicken Fried Steak is the house special, best you can get this side of New Houston.” Dell pulled out a menu and placed in front of Jaster’s bar stool.

“Any meat not fried in another animal?” Jaster looked suspiciously at the paper menu.

And Vince has a problem…

“You’re a very stupid man, Vincent.”

Vince shrugged “I’m no Doctor.”

“Neither am I. I’m an Orion Pirate, and you’re on my station.”

“From what I’ve heard, you haven’t actually signed the contract yet. And what happened to Syndicate? You know, not taking ships or stations for that matter, by force?”
    “I happen to be one fickle wanker.”

This August, Star Trek takes a pit stop…

“Aren’t you Starfleet types famous for getting out of these no win scenarios?” Leelee asked.

“The Kobayashi Maru was an elective at Starfleet Academy, and I didn’t take it. I never believed in volunteering for a no win scenario. Life is enough of one already.” Vince sighed. “I guess that is why I’m not one of those Starfleet types anymore. Probably never was.”

Star Trek: Waystation
    Episode 1: Prime Real Estate

“Hey Dell.” Vince said casually, ignoring the goats. “How are things?”

“Actually started off pretty good this morning.” Dell didn’t look like an exceeding tall man. The bulk of his build added enough width to his frame to destroy any perspective if you saw him standing alone. “Something about chocolate in the replicators, business really picked up seeing as I’ve got the only dinner around. That is of course until a goat took a dump on my floor. Now it’s just Captain Jimmy, me, and the herd in here.” Dell motioned to the bar behind him with his thumb.

“It might not have been the goats. Are you sure someone didn’t drop one of your chicken fried steaks? Really, I think it’s a common mistake.”

Coming Soon…

2. DavidFalkayn

DavidFalkayn Commodore Commodore

Goats and chicken fried steaks and Orion pirates and a Deltan and an ex-Starfleet type in what appears to be the equivalent of a Galactic truckstop--sounds like a winner! :)

I'm looking forward to it.

PS: Goats and chicken fried steaks--why do I have this bad feeling about what the chicken fried steaks are made out of? :eek:

3. TheLoneRedshirt

TheLoneRedshirt Commodore Commodore

This looks to be a breath of fresh air! (Well, not counting the goats. ;) )

I think you have the makings of a unique and humorous story line. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it!

4. Ottens

Ottens Commander Red Shirt

I'm not getting any of this lol :-D I'd be curious to see where this leads

5. RevdKathy

RevdKathy How scared are you? Moderator

I stalled momentarliy at the goats... promise me there's no goatse sex in this story so I don't forbid it before it even gets started.

You know what? I've been a mod too long when that's the first thing I think of... :(

6. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:guffaw:

Seriously, though, I've seen an advance copy of this story, it's good stuff. And no, there is no goat copulation. :p

7. ghiaman74

I assure all of you that the story will be (technically) Goat-free. You'll have to read it to see why.

8. DavidFalkayn

DavidFalkayn Commodore Commodore

Maybe you should post a disclaimer, ghiaman, "No live goats were harmed in this story." :)

You know, if it did involve goat sex and offspring came about as a result of that unmentionable act, then we could describe your story as being a "satyr". :)

9. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

After reading only those little snippets, I'm very much looking forward to this. It seems to be a fresh approach, and even from the little bit you've posted, I can say that I think I'm going to like your writing style quite a lot. :thumbsup:

10. Dulak

Dulak Commander Red Shirt

If you're talking about a series...and it's anywhere around Cardassian territory, the Shepard will definately be making a stop there! Your brief intro makes it sound like you will have some interesting characters. Looking forward to it. :p

11. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

"Waystation" will be getting an occasional mention in my own fanfic dialogues over an occasional raktajino or synthehol. I'll add a link from my site to your's, if you've got one for newer "Generation II" adventures.

12. ghiaman74

Dulak, Waystation will be a series of stories. The station (Rogue Star Orbital) is located in an expanse of nearly starless space. The void that surronds the Rogue Star Orbital borders the Orion Syndicate's sphere of influence. The time frame is about a year and a half to two years after the Dominion War.

DavidFalkayn, No animals are harmed in the first episode. Just a couple of pairs of shoes.