STAR TREK VOYAGER TECHNICAL MANUAL

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by dansst, Apr 6, 2009.

1. dansst

dansst Ensign Red Shirt

Hello. I followed the instructions of Mr. Rick Sternbach from his various interviews at startrek.com, and earlier today I sent a note to Pocket Books (Margaret Clark?) suggesting strongly that they contact Mr. Sternbach and commission a VOYAGER Technical Manual. I have to imagine that after 7 years worth of shows, he's got a ton of stuff ready to fill such a book, and as a model hobbyiest - I would love to see in the book clear blueprints and specs of VOYAGER's bridge, lounge, ready-room, galley, DELTA FLYER, engineering, etc., etc., etc., as I would attempt to scratchbuild them. The ST:NG Tech Manual was fantastic, and the DS9 was an order of magnitude above that. So I'd have to expect the VOYAGER version to be unimaginably awesome. I'm hoping, of course, that my note to Pocket Books was just the last one they absolutely needed to make this desire to see a manual a reality, but I think I need to call on all of you to help (providing Mr. Sternbach is willing to write one ....... should have checked first, I guess). All the best. Dan, Ottawa, Canada.

2. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Respectfully,

I doubt anything will come of this. The show has been off the air for over eight years, another series has come and gone, and Paramount has seemed to closed the book on the 24th Century.

3. Rick Sternbach

Rick Sternbach Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Pocket Books and I parted ways long ago. You might consider compiling all of the Voyager bits from the Star Trek Fact Files and Star Trek: The Magazine; short of me doing a full manual, that's the best you'll get.

Rick
    www.spacemodelsystems.com

4. Mr. B

Mr. B Vice Admiral Admiral

5. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

The tech was one of Voyager's strong points, it's too bad the fans of the show didn't get an official manual.

6. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Edited for accuracy. ;)

7. ancient

Ha, well, I was talking about the Aeroshuttle, Delta Flyer, and all the new advanced tech VGR was supposed to be carrying, much of which would make for a lot of content.

8. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, and I'm of the impression that Mr. Sternbach put a lot of thought into designing and developing the various features of the Voyager during the initial design process.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

If I recall correctly Pocket Books is not doing many reference books related to Trek any longer. They had low sales plus many bookstores are no longer carrying Trek related fiction.

10. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

That's what I understand to be the case, too. Hence why my Excelsior work is getting posted here and not sent to them...

11. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aridas Sofia has also stated several times that publishers have told him they no longer find TrekTech books profitable.

12. Bill Morris

Bill Morris Commodore Commodore

13. ancient

^Yah.

Strategic Design did blueprints for VGR as I recall, but I don't know if they're still around. The Cygnus website have samples of that.