Star Trek: Revolution…What Do We Think It Is?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by JoaquinSlowly, Mar 1, 2022.

1. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I read some interesting Trek info this week that ‪‪I felt compelled to ‪‪try to corroborate for myself. ‪‪I was lucky enough to be able to do so, using sources from the public record (which ‪‪I’ll provide links to).

In the last six months CBS Studios/Secret Hideout have renewed/asked for extensions for three Star Trek trademarks for media encompassing film, television & streaming series. They’ ve abandoned their other previously “in-development” trademarks, letting each of them lapse, including Star Trek: Ceti Alpha V, Star Trek: Reliant & Star Trek: Destiny.

Two of the renewed trademarks don’t come as any surprise given recent news, comments and rumors, Star Trek: Section 31 and Star Trek: Starfleet Academy. But one of them seems somewhat mysterious, Star Trek: Revolution.

That’s what brings me to the central question: What is Star Trek: Revolution? Is it another series in development behind/alongside Section 31 & Starfleet Acadmey?

And whether it’s a series, or Paramount+ streaming film (perhaps the Star Trek film announced last year to be written by Discovery’s Kalinda Vasquez), I can’t help but wonder what Revolution might be about!

It’s not a likely scenario, but with Voyager getting a spiritual successor of sorts in Prodigy, and Picard serving as a follow up to TNG, DS9 could use the same treatment, and ‪‪I think Revolution would be a great title for an anime-style animated film or mini-series that takes place during the Bajoran resistance against Cardassian occupation.

‪‪I have to hope it’s nothing Borg related (just because it’s fairly played out), and with how much we’ve gotten/are getting in Picard Seasons 1-2, ‪‪I’m not thinking it’s super likely, but Revolution would fit as a the name of any story about an exB-leaving the Borg.

My even less likely DS9 hope is it’s a mini-series about Rom leading a political and cultural revolution on Ferenginar as the most progressive Grand Nagus since Zek.

What ideas seem likely to be in development, and fit the title?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    Quinton likes this.
  2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

3. brandnewfan

brandnewfan Commander Red Shirt

Wasn't there talk about a series taking place during the Eugenics War?

I could've swore I remember something about that.

777, jackoverfull and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  4. JoaquinSlowly

This totally would work for me. What ‪‪I wouldn’t give for a Space Beatles episode of Trek.

‪‪All that came up in a cursory Google search was speculation about a potential Eugenics War series based on the idea that there was a series called Star Trek: 1992 in development, but it doesn’t seem to be anything that got far enough for a trademark, if was ever a potential series, and I’m not sure of the accuracy of that original rumor.

Either way, the Eugenics War does seem a good fit for the title Revolution. Not sure if it seems likely that they’d shelve Meyer’s Ceti Alpha V and do the Eugenics War without him.

brandnewfan likes this.
  5. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Revolution could just be a video game.

6. JoaquinSlowly

There are different trademark listings for video games, and for film/television/streaming series media, and Revolution’s is specifically for the latter.

Dukhat likes this.
  7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Perhaps the working title of the new film?

ThankQ, Ar-Pharazon and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  8. JoaquinSlowly

Quite possibly! It was originally submitted for trademark in 2018, and renewed at the very end of last September. It could very well be something they’ve had set aside as a potential title for the next Kelvin movie since after Beyond, and renewed it because they’re finally starting to move forward with it.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

:evil::mallory:

10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

The Watusi...the Twist...
    El Dorado...
    Take this, brother, may it serve you well!

11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Look at those cutting edge graphics. And the music, sounds like something out of an epic movie about archeology and Nazis seeking some mythic ark.

Whatever the real show is, I hope it's not one of those tired Federation Civil War type proposals where Vulcan (it's always Vulcan) and a bunch of other planets break away and the Federation uncharacteristically goes to war to bring them back into the fold.

It's unlikely, but one possibility is following up on the Short Trek 'Calypso' with Craft's planet Alcor IV and perhaps other planets at war with the V'draysh (a syncope of "Federation").

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

A new spin on an old idea.

JoaquinSlowly likes this.
  13. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Scientific and technological revolution because this is Star Trek.
    A show set towards the end of WWIII centred around Zefram Cochrane, where warp drive is a sideline development that comes out of the conflict.
    The years roll on as we follow him, and fellow engineers among one of the earliest human colonists, to the Alpha Centauri system, and eventually his mysterious disappearance.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  14. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I wouldn't mind that as a mini-series, or a 2 or 3 season series.

shapeshifter and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  15. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I use to like the idea of a Federation Civil War show but the idea just doesn't appeal to me as much as it use to. I don't really want another trek show focused on war right now. Unless it was a Game of Thrones style show about Kahless and ancient Klingons fighting each other. My idea is put a couple of human time travelers right squat into a brewing war between Kahless and Molor. One human sides with Kahless and the other Molor. These humans sort of represent the audience since the Klingons alone might be to much for casual fans without a human connection to the series.

16. FredH

FredH Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It would never be this, not least because there would never be an audience for this deep a cut, but I could imagine a largely Earthbound show beginning during the Post Atomic Horror of the late 21st century, showing how the protagonists helped pull the world out of barbarianism with Vulcan help and set up the start of United Earth.

Rhodan and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

This may end up nothing. Remember when they trademarked Star Trek: Destiny (not for the book trilogy) and Star Trek: Reliant, only for them to end up a lotta nothing?

Then again, perhaps they too were names of movies that never got off the ground.

Markonian likes this.
  18. JoaquinSlowly

Oh, it could absolutely not end up going anywhere, but as mentioned in the first post, they let Reliant and Destiny lapse and lost the trademark, and renewed Revolution, so there would seem to be something setting it apart/having something in mind for it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
  19. Rhodan

Rhodan Commander Red Shirt

Honestly, the title sounds to me like yet another cartoon. But I doubt it will be prequel.

20. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A colony setting would be nice, but not under that title.