Game Star Trek Resurgence - new Star Trek videogame announced

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Tuskin38, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Eduardo

Eduardo Captain Captain

Star Trek: Resurgence is a narrative adventure game featuring dialog choices, relationship building, and exploration. Alongside dialog-driven role playing and rich branching storylines, you will also engage with the Star Trek universe in a variety of other gameplay styles, including shuttle piloting, phaser fights, tricorder scanning, stealth, and micro-gameplay mechanics.

Stationed aboard the U.S.S. RESOLUTE, players will assume the role of two principal characters, First Officer Jara Rydek and Engineering Crewperson Carter Diaz, as they unravel a sinister mystery involving two alien civilizations on the brink of war. Throughout the game, players will immerse themselves in the Star Trek Universe, interacting with new and returning characters through a variety of dialogue and action gameplay to determine the course of the story.

Star Trek: Resurgence is created by Dramatic Labs, an independent collaboration of 20+ former Telltale writers, developers, designers, artists, and producers. Star Trek: Resurgence will be familiar to fans of Telltale’s unique style of gameplay, but it also brings some welcome additions and refinements from Dramatic Labs.

Star Trek: Resurgence is a single player experience without microtransactions, DLC or other additional monetization models.

Star Trek: Resurgence is scheduled for worldwide release in Spring 2022 for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4 gaming consoles, and exclusively on the Epic Games Store for PCs.

XCV330, Seven of Five, Rocky6 and 4 others like this.
  3. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was first excited when I heard the announcement, but then I felt disappointed when I saw that it's an interactive narrative game like most other Telltale games. To me, they aren't real games. They are just digital versions of choose-your-own-adventure books. But hey, I know that those types of games are incredibly popular so for those of you who like these games, I hope you enjoy this. :) I think I might just watch the entire game on YouTube or something just to see the entire story.

The only Telltale game I really enjoyed was the Back to the Future game since it wasn't an interactive narrative game and was an adventure game like the old Star Trek adventure games like TNG: A Final Unity.

EDIT: @Kzinti I am an idiot. I didn't even watch the whole trailer. Now that I did, I see now that we can actually walk around and so stuff and that it isn't just a glorified QTE. Now I am excited for the game.

Sorry for jumping the gun, everyone!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  4. Kzinti

Kzinti Captain Captain

nice gatekeeping there... :rolleyes:

J47, Jinn, Caretaker and 2 others like this.
  5. The Rock

I'm not gatekeeping. I said that for those who like those types of games, I'm happy for them. I'm just saying that I myself don't consider them real games. I never said that because I don't think they are real games that no one should play them.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  6. Tuskin38

That's not gatekeeping.

Richard S. Ta and Tim Thomason like this.
  7. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

It looks great, but I hope it has a 1st person option as well, or classic 3rd person...

8. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

It looks great, but I hope it has a 1st person option as well, or classic 3rd person...

9. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As some one who likes watching playthroughs of story games, especially those set in universes I like such as Star Trek, Teltale style games are frustrating. The make great watches, but if there's a sequel and the person you watched in the first playthrough doesn't play it, good luck finding some one that left in the same story place. Also, if you're following along and the player makes a call you just can't get behind...

10. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

The only Telltale game I ever played was their Jurassic Park one and that had like one choice in the entire game that made any difference and also no proper gameplay. I hope this is an improvement.

11. Kzinti

Kzinti Captain Captain

shame the game is most likely DOA on pc since it's on EGS

12. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Its looks promising. But what’s up with the description on Youtube saying that its set shortly after the events of TNG when the uniforms clearly set it in the DS9 & TNG films period? Why not simple say its set in the 2370s or in the era of Picard, Riker, Sisko and Janeway?

13. The Rock

The TNG films are also considered as part of the events of TNG.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  14. Kzinti

Kzinti Captain Captain

it's set in 2380 the same year which is the same year as lower deck(probably won't see anything from that) according to the FAQ on the site
    https://www.startrek-resurgence.com/

15. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eh...not the biggest fan of Telltale. In the Telltale games I have played the supposed "choices" hardly effected anything, and all the ominous messages of "she will remember this!" "you are now in his debt" etc. etc. etc. meant absolutely nothing.

Richard S. Ta and Charles Phipps like this.
  16. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

I'm really pleased to a Star Trek narrative adventure game on the way - this reminded me of Hidden Evil from back in 1999 (!)

It's worth noting that two points here; this is not a Telltale Game, its a game being made by people who used to work for Telltale (so maybe some stylistic similarities will be there, but it shouldn't be exactly the same); and that trailer looks like a proof-of-concept over actual gameplay.

Looking forward to seeing more...

17. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

This sounds good to me, I liked the TT games, though when they got popular and started pumping them out they went a bit shit.

Just glad to see a game that isn't some P2W stuff or an inaccessible MMO.

18. Tuskin38

The flame symbol on the starfleet delta, it’s from the Tkon Empire emblem

137th Gebirg, NCC-73515 and Eduardo like this.
  19. Tuskin38

It’s not an action game. It’s an adventure narrative game. Look up gameplay of games made by Telltale.

20. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Nothing hurts keeping an eye on it. If it does decent, maybe we can get more console developers interested in the Trek license.

XCV330, Ronald Held and fireproof78 like this.