Spoilers Star Trek: Picard General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Tuskin38, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I admit I drank well the tears of all those who insist DISCO is unpopular and a massive failure for Paramount.

2. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As someone who unfortunately has relatives with that mindset you're mentioning, that group honestly doesn't care about Trek anymore as they're too busy celebrating certain upcoming court decisions. They hated Discovery because it depicted a diverse future they hated. Now they're certain and gleeful that Trek's future will forever be a television fantasy while their plan to turn Handmaid's Tale into reality seems to be working.

TedShatner10 likes this.
  3. Roald

Roald Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Saw some sad tweets today by Jeri Ryan and -I presume- Will Wheaton’s wife, all about the toxic fanbase….. Why do these troll haters go about harassing spouses and actresses…?? A new level of low…….

4. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Premium Member

They don’t care. They will scream their hate at everyone, including Sir Patrick. I’m just glad he doesn’t really do much social media, I wouldn’t want for him to read some of the things they throw at him. Talking to them is no use, it just riles them up even more.

5. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do you have a link?

6. Roald

Roald Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Some fans are just sociopaths.

8. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Geordi: And so we have resurrected Data yet again in a fully organic looking synth body that looks just like a Soong. Data, how are you feeling?

Data: I am in the 25th century. Now activating program Adam.

Geordi: What's going wrong? Data's subroutines are now being hijacked by a hidden program that's time stamped to... almost 400 years ago...

Picard: Oh no...

Data/Adam Soong: Hi Picard, it's me Adam. This program has been hidden in all Soong androids waiting for activation until the moment you had already met me. I've waited a long time for this. It's time to get revenge for my lost legacy.

(proceeds to attack Picard with android enhanced speed and strength)

Turbo and gweeps like this.
  9. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

How many people do you think Seven killed when in service of a Fenris Ranger in person? I'm thinking around 600 to 1000 people, when she's a highly intelligent and above baseline in strength/reflexes (at a supposedly relatively elderly age).

And her victims are virtually all criminals, mercs, and paramilities (and other bad actors) so she's not a heartless killer (like PIC critics think she is), she's more a traumatised, guilt riddled person driven by an unbalanced sense of justice (and over-reactive to dangerous people).

10. gweeps

gweeps Fleet Captain Captain

I'd buy it.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  11. gweeps

She's a serial killer. But we still love her.

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well they did update the First Contact/Insurrection/Nemesis Enterprise golden models to include the SNW Enterprise and VSS Enterprise. You don't do that unless there's an Enterprise conference lounge to display them! Plus John Eaves deleted his original post, which kinda says he or someone else realised what a huge indirect spoiler it was. He has zero luck on social media:lol:

Here's the pics.

Danlav05 likes this.
  13. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Commodore Commodore

So, I know I'm way behind you guys but I just watched Penance and thought it was very good. Probably stronger the the debut of Season 2 and probably stronger than any episode in Season 1. Plenty of fish out of water fun, a great pace throughout and how good is Annie Wersching as the Borg Queen, eh? She conveys a lot using only a little and absolutely exudes malign intelligence.

Good all around. Elnor shot too. I like the actor well enough but I still don't see the point in this character. He seems to exist purely to make dumb interjections or to be hand-waved into silence while other characters are talking to each other.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  14. Ray Hardgrit

Ray Hardgrit Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I don't think there's a lot of argument about Penance. It's a good solid episode of Picard that rivals anything in season 1.

It's great to see everyone figuring out their situation, coming up with a goal and then executing their plan. Even if the plan does involve killing a lot of people.

SJGardner and Richard S. Ta like this.
  15. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Commodore Commodore

It's seemingly all that Elnor is good for.

Oh, Confederation commbadges can be throwing knives!

I like talk of the CSS World Razer and Picard, Borg Slayer.

TedShatner10 likes this.
  16. TedShatner10

She's not a serial killer, she's a soldier, a serial killer preys after the more vulnerable. Seven defends herself and others from mooks and henchmen (and in her first scene she captures space pirates alive).

17. gweeps

There are different types of serial killers. She'd fit what is called a "missionary" type, albeit also on the more opportunistic side.

18. TedShatner10

A serial killer hunts down targets, outside that crime boss (who made it personal by killing Icheb while being a fling) she mainly kills folk who are dangerous to her and others.

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Vigilante is the word you're looking for. No mask/secret identity, but that's what she's doing. Argument about whether she's working outside the law or not, though, I suppose.

20. TedShatner10

Yeah, she's a paramilitary officer or freelancer who summarily kills "bad" people on occasion, and as part of a militia she engages in fights with other paramilitaries and crime syndicates in the former Romulan Star Empire and Neutral Zone.

JoaquinSlowly likes this.