Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 3x07 - "Dominion"

Engage!

• Total voters
Lots of talking. Great to see faux-Tuvok. I still don't care much about Jack. The chickens are coming home to roost for Starfleet. 6/10

Would the real Tuvok actually be opposed to visiting a planet that had anti-Kohlinar protests as Seven assumes? I always thought the Kohlinar thing from TMP was pretty extreme and Tuvok became pretty open minded for a Vulcan during his time on Voyager.

So what was the point of capturing Riker and Troi? That really didn’t lead up to Vadic finding the Titan. Unless there’s more going on it’s coming across as a cheap cliffhanger for last week’s episode.

This was the best use of Vadic all season. She wasn’t so cartoony as she has been.

It would’ve been nice to find out more about the Head. What is it and why is it controlling Vadic?

Now Jack is telepathic? What the hell is he? Hopefully we find out next week because it’s driving me nuts.

it was nice seeing Tuvok even if it was a Changeling. I hope we see the real Tuvok. I don’t want his fate hanging at the end of the season.

Who are Vadic’s crew? They don’t seem to be Changeling since they didn’t shapeshift at all.

I give it a 9.

I need to think about this episode some more. Initially I had a positive reaction to it, but then I read @firehawk12's post and I find a lot of agreement there. This probably would have more resonance if it was Doctor Bashir and not Doctor Crusher. I mean when the Dominion War was happening the TNG crew were in the Briar Patch dealing with the Son'a. I did appreciate we finally have Vadic's motivation though, and I really liked the intercutting scene between Geordi/Data and Crusher,Picard/Vadic and the musical score was on point in so many great ways.

I was also disappoined we didn't get Riker or Worf/Raffi. We're are now hanging between two cliffs now, what is Riker doing on the Shrike and why is Troi there, and Vadic taking over the ship.

I'm leaning towards giving this episode an 8, but I think I need to sleep on it a bit more.

I ended up giving this episode an 8. Right after it ended, I was thinking a 10, but thinking about it some more, it didn't quite reach that level. However, the musical score was fantastic, and the Geordi/Lore/Data scenes were quite emotional. I think we're getting into the final act (Next episode is episode 8) so I'm now really in the "Stick the landing" phase of the season. This is the best season of the show, and hopefully they follow through to the end.

Just curious, why?
lots of talking. very little story progression and now we're down to 3 episodes to close out the whole season's worth of threads. hopefully it's not a fumble landing like the end of S1. Demigorgon comes from a black hole and the borg cube pseudo romulans were repairing all season just crashes for no reason.

Who are Vadic’s crew? They don’t seem to be Changeling since they didn’t shapeshift at all.
I don't think Vadic can pass on the extra traits beyond to the other 9 Changelings that were held captive in the lab with her.
She must have recruited other Changelings in the cause even though they aren't part of the 10.

So Vadic is in constant pain and has a shortened lifespan. Honestly, she could've just gone public with her claims and she might've gotten sympathy and maybe even a cure. Also it still doesn't answer the question if she wanted revenge, why did she wait 30 years to do it?

Tuvok's desk has a Voyager model, a Kal-toh game, his meditation candle, and a Kir'Shara model

97HweGK.png

lots of talking. very little story progression and now we're down to 3 episodes to close out the whole season's worth of threads. hopefully it's not a fumble landing like the end of S1. Demigorgon comes from a black hole and the borg cube pseudo romulans were repairing all season just crashes for no reason.
A bit strange to condemn it before seeing it though. :shrug:

I enjoyed the hell out of that, much more than last week. A tense and suspenseful story throughout, helped by some stylish direction.

To the extent that it revealed new information, it was all very logical and made sense (of course Starfleet had changeling prisoners, how else could they have engineered a virus?). It makes me very optimistic that the remainder of the season will come together after all.

I'm amazed at how engaging this season continues to be even though it's basically ten people running around the same couple of sets.

Hoo boy.

Watched this one lit up in the wee hours of the morning, and it delivered.

I've been as critical of scene chewing, mustache swirling Vadic as anyone else so far, but tonight Amanda Plummer Delivered. The. Fucking. Goods. Worthy of her father in every respect, and herself as a villainous actor.

This episode is one of the best written episodes of TV I've seen since Justified wrapped up. They managed to advance the plot and keep it secret all at the same time. Like a shot of bourbon after a mouthful of Nashville hot chicken, "if that doesn't heat it up and cool it down at the same time..."

And
Tim Russ rocking Changeling Tuvok!!!! The warm feelies with the Voyager theme, and then Seven just goes fucking cold, logical, 'you fucked up.'
Fuckin' bring it! MOAR!

(If this seems overly enthusiastic...for the record...I am still lit up... )

Last edited:
I don't think Vadic can pass on the extra traits beyond to the other 9 Changelings that were held captive in the lab with her.
She must have recruited other Changelings in the cause even though they aren't part of the 10.
Didn't she explicitly say she could?

Changeling: And now I'm going to avenge myself on you for all the indignities of the Dominion War!

Tuvok: It is illogical that a changeling would not even do basic research on the person he intends to replace. You should know that not only was I not involved in the Dominion War, I was thousands of light years away in the Delta Quadrant.

Changeling: Ok, whatever.

what are you talking about? I said I hope it's not a fumble like season 1. We will all have to wait and see.
You called the episode "terrible" and then used a future possibility to justify that.

That is not really consistent.

Back