Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 3x01 - "The Next Generation"

Engage!

• Total voters
That's not any version of Pop Goes the Weasel I've ever known.

Pop-Goes-The-Weasel-Lead-sheet-680x962.png

I think it's only part of it. .

^
It also says in the same thread that although the guy said “legal issues” he doesn’t really understand any of it. Stuff like that has a danger of becoming another “25% different”.

It’s probably something similar to the Sovereign class not being allowed in DS9.
The 25% thing hasn’t been a thing since CBS and Paramount merged. They can do whatever they want now.

^
It also says in the same thread that although the guy said “legal issues” he doesn’t really understand any of it. Stuff like that has a danger of becoming another “25% different”.

It’s probably something similar to the Sovereign class not being allowed in DS9.
Consider also that there is going to be the live action crossover in LDS and SNW and so likely saving seeing any ships from those shows in live action until said episode

“I don’t want to set the world on fire. I just want to start a flame in your heart.” My mother loved it when I told her about this opening up the ep.

Wonder how it will relate to the season?

Some were. The Bor Gullet, for example, was not CGI. It was a puppet. They had a lot of people working its various tentacles.
Sorry, I meant specifically the space battles.

The 25% thing hasn’t been a thing since CBS and Paramount merged. They can do whatever they want now.
The 25% thing had nothing to do with design ownership, CBS owned the rights to the TOS design at the time, they just chose not to use it for creative reasons.

My point was more it was never a thing in the first place,
Technically it was a thing, John Eaves just misunderstood why it was a requirement.

There's a piece of his DSC Enterprise concept art that mentions something isn't 25% different enough written on it in red ink, presumably from his supervisor.

CBS owned all the designs at the time, they just chose not to use them.

Last edited:
Raffi’s story this episode was apparently entirely on M’Talas Prime, starting in District 6 and ending in District 7.

Raffi mentioned tracking items stolen from Daystrom, so I think it was implied the weapon was stolen from them. The Instagram logs appear to hint that a later plot point shown in trailers is also related to Daystrom.

The cityscape of the daytime District 7 looked a lot like District 6 at night, there where neon ads and similar all over.

The place destroyed was a Starfleet Recruitment office so def not Earth.

My main concern with it was the lack of damage to the surrounding buildings like smashed windows and collapse from that shock wave and the 'folding'.

Are you kidding? We haven't bloody well seen ENOUGH Klingons lately!

I mean, in the far future of DSC, where the hell are they?

Hopefully, all dead.
Hate the "We have honor" but will stab you and each other in the back Klingons. Relatively, the Romulans have more honor.

“I don’t want to set the world on fire. I just want to start a flame in your heart.” My mother loved it when I told her about this opening up the ep.

Wonder how it will relate to the season?

In the usual (ironic) Fallout reference that it supposedly is, it's about the idea of the wholesale destruction of everything around them. If its related at all to Plumber's Vadic? She's setting out to burn down everything ever related to Picard's Heart.

Re: The Captain of the Titan

Yes, he also treated people who actually saved the universe multiple times with complete disrespect and is chronically insubordinate as well as handling his crew incredibly poorly. No Starfleet captain should be that hands off and the fact his ship was stolen out from under him is a sign he's incompetent.

Just rewatching S2 to kill time until the next episode and I'm pretty sure the piece playing when President 7 wakes up in S2 Ep2 is the same as Shaw has playing at dinner.

Need to double check, and not saying there is a reason/connection but just tickles me

Back