Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 3x01 - "The Next Generation"

Engage!

• Total voters
That thread mentions "legal issues". The hell? Paramount owns ALL of this :censored: ! How can they be legally prevented from putting in a ship from another show THAT THEY ALSO OWN?

Maybe the one from "I Borg" that they were going to use on Hugh?

They don't really know why, though they postulated a more likely reason for it:

"That's Hollywood. Stuff happens that's inexplicable. Heck, for all we know it wasn't a legal issue, simply a matter of the powers that be not wanting to cross the streams. SNW and LD are doing a crossover, so maybe they wanted to wait for that?"

https://twitter.com/esdi/status/1569764097843146753

Picard was saying he was going to "think" about writing his memoirs, but even that was just to show Laris that he was happy about going with her and would be living in the moment and not dwelling on distant events. Plus they burst that little bubble and started talking more seriously about the trip/change of life circumstances.

The memoirs mention is most likely nothing more than a little amusing real life reference/parallel they built in - when they were shooting season 3 Sir Patrick was in the process of writing his memoirs (he’s now finished and they’re trying to cut things down… he’s written 700 pages, bless him). That’s probably all this line is supposed to do. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. ;)

Whatever my creative disagreements with the decision to ditch the Picard cast to afford the Next Generation cast, I must say it was still really great to see Frakes, Stewart, and McFadden back together again. :bolian:

I don't miss the Picard cast at all. This is what should have been dine 4 years ago. What a waste of time.

It's not. Terry Matalas was asked directly if they were the villains to which he gave a solid no. What we do know about the villains is that their motivation has ties to the Dominion War
Thankfully. It's a cheat to the characters if their motivations are parasite inspired.

I don't miss the Picard cast at all. This is what should have been dine 4 years ago. What a waste of time.

Lots of people miss the characters. The acting was exceptional. The only reason I'm not more upset about it is because they just had to hit me in the soft spot with my favorite cast returning.

Reactions: Sci
After intensely disliking seasons 1 and 2 of Picard I decided to try season 3 episode 1 after hearing a lot of good reviews and, surprise surprise, I enjoyed it. May the decent writing live long and proper.
Agreed. I just hope they don't run the tng characters through the mud. Time will tell.

I am surprised Picard didn’t think of the El Serna instead of taking Will’s suggestion of Starfleet, esp given Bev’s warning.

Raffi has that ship now. After she got drummed our of starfleet and dumped by Seven it looks like she's been in a year long bender using thr El Serna as her transport.

Lots of people miss the characters. The acting was exceptional. The only reason I'm not more upset about it is because they just had to hit me in the soft spot with my favorite cast returning.

I don't at all. I never give them a second thought. They aren't popular. I mean is anyone dressing as these characters at comic con? Nope.

Back