Star Trek On Hulu

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by TrekToday, Nov 6, 2012.

1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For fans of both Star Trek and the Hulu video-streaming service, there is good news. A deal has been made between CBS and Hulu which will see iconic shows from CBS’s library made available to Hulu’s “Hulu Plus” subscription service. Shows such as Star Trek, The Twilight Zone, I Love Lucy, CSI: Miami and Medium [...]

More...

2. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Canadians are not allowed to access Hulu. :scream:

3. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hulu Plus... meaning, not free. I wonder if it's included with a NetFlix subscription. In any case, I was quite bummed when Hulu pulled Star Trek TOS from their free video offerings. They teased everyone with HD quality for a while, then pulled it with "ok guys, pay to play"... on a series that is over 4 decades old.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

It is included on the Netflix streaming subscription.

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Studios make a lot of money from catalog titles, especially ones with particular value, like the original Star Trek and its spin-offs. It's no surprise to me that they're no longer offering the series for free.*

In the very least, it (along with the other live action television programs) is also available via Netflix's streaming service, nightly in syndication, and about a dozen different home video releases.

*(And by free, I mean on a solely ad-based basis)