Star Trek For the Next Generation

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by johnar, Aug 16, 2017.

1. johnar

johnar Lieutenant Red Shirt

I am a bit of an amateur writer. What I lack in training and skill I make up for with great ideas.

For several years now I have wanted to come up with an a vehicle (show, book, comic book, blog, whatever) that will insure Star Trek does not die with the Baby Boom generation.

I think some radical updates are in order. But not so radical it is no longer Star Trek.

Unless I misunderstand the wording of Trek BBS rules, it is permissible to post a blog url here.

It's only one page to date, as I have restarted this effort and created the blog just this morning. Please remove it or advise me to if it is an infraction of board rules. I don't want to argue or confront or do anything but try to contribute to the ongoing legacy of Star Trek (if I am able).

https://nextgenerationstartrek.blogspot.com/

2. johnar

I also see the United Federation of Planets as only a member of the Galactic League of Governments. Or "the League."

It would still be "Federation Starship Enterprise" or,

"Klingon battlecruiser Pawk" etc.

But the over all is to include federations empires etc under the united flag.

Also the new transwarp drive has outmoded the use of the Bajoran wormhole. It was critical in the flanking maneuver that crushed the most recent Dominion assault. Fleets of Federation starships, Klingon battlecruisers and Cardassian cruisers attacking from their rear (opposite the wormhole) brought them quickly to their knees.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  3. johnar

The new final frontier is the universe itself.
    The new transwarp drive crosses dimensions of space rather than space itself.
    Networks of super space stations are laced throughout space as the League expands out into the universe.