Game Star Trek Enterprise Defense

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by ViperGTS96, Feb 20, 2018.

1. ViperGTS96

ViperGTS96 Cadet Newbie

Star Trek Enterprise Defense

This is a simple "mini" game designed for older Star Trek fans who aren't necessarily interested in video games. I made this for my father who has reached an age where he can no longer drive, so he spends a lot of his time watching and re-watching "The Original Series" and the new movies using his computer / TV. So I made him a desktop scrolling enterprise one day and he liked it so much I decided to make it into a simple "space invaders" style game, with very basic controls and game-play. (For people who can't be bothered with learning complicated controls and strategies.) Simple move and fire controls with enemies that don't fire at you; so that those who are slower are not being blasted and discouraged. The "Borg" ships are used due to the basic shapes (circle, diamond, square) that make sense to move around without the ability to fire back. Your scored is affected by time, missed shots also dock your score. If you miss 4 shots in a row you are informed by a "T.O.S." crew member in a slide in comment with a saying based on the character. Your weapon is "Photon Torpedoes" and there are 3 ships to play including : NCC-1701, NCC-1701 A, and the NCC-1701 D. There is also a Golden NCC-1701 you can unlock if you earn the Gold Trophy. It uses a Red warp trail and Photon Torpedo.

It takes approx 15 minutes to play through the 4 Stages and the 5th and Final Boss stage where you Battle the "Borg Cube". The Final battle is a simple battle where you must fire into the relocating "hole" on the cube. The cube does travel slowly toward you and when it reaches the enterprise it will "smack" it and dock you some points and slide back to the start then start moving towards you again until destroyed. Captain Kirk presents you with your score at the end with a few sayings that are randomly chosen each time.

Its been 45 days now since I started. Personally I don't share much interest so I had to learn about the ships and characters as It was made. This is more like playing a game of Solitaire or Chess on the PC than a "video game".

Will be released for download within a week..

I need a couple testers in the meantime, interested?..

I may still add more ships in the future, we'll see how popular it is.

[​IMG]

I welcome your input.

-Viper
    www.vipergts96.com
    Contact

2. ViperGTS96

ViperGTS96 Cadet Newbie

3. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Visually looks nice.

4. ViperGTS96

ViperGTS96 Cadet Newbie

Thanks for the kind words. *Note the posted picture is outdated. The video better represents the current game.