Star Trek Collaborative Timeline

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Emperor Norton, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Captain Captain

Every so often, I will do a collaborative timeline on Star Trek. Everyone is invited to post to explore the universe, flesh out new events, and make a larger narrative. Based on the episode "Parallels", there are an infinite number of potential realities. And often these tend to be similar enough in most places, while very different in others. That is the purpose of this thread. It's a collaborative timeline where I will give the initial POD, and the details can be covered after that change. This could be a drastic change, or it could be a reality of moderate to minor differences. I'm personally interested in the latter, and I think "Parallels" is a good example of that. And it can lead up to a big difference, like an eventual Borg conquest or an earlier Dominion War. However, it's open to input. It could be anything from Captain Riker, because Picard died in the Borg invasion, to just Data with blue eyes.

The one I did elsewhere evolved well beyond my input, and other users (with more names than I can remember now) expanded it into a varied and still ongoing project. The change was Picard dying of his wound in 2327. The user named "Ogrebear" compiled this into a comprehensive and still updated compendium. I will submit those here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuz4s7susyg802w/Star Trek Collaborative 1.docx?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzatli1crz6ypam/TNG OTL vs TTL.docx?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj6d2q8ar11dzch/General Timeline Notes.docx?dl=0

The format is essentially to post a date (or more) and to post a related event (or more) for that date. I will begin with the initial change to history. Anyone interested can post whatever they choose. So, here we go:

2339: Jean-Luc Picard leaves Starfleet to become an archaeologist alongside Doctor Richard Galen. Picard begins a life of achievement and profound discovery.

2. Emperor Norton

The fun part is that you get to pick the captain of the Enterprise, the crew, what's the same, what's different...

3. Emperor Norton

2364: Edward Jellico assumes command of the USS Enterprise-D.

4. Emperor Norton

2364: Commander Christopher Hobson is appointed First Officer of the Enterprise-D.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  5. Emperor Norton

2344: Ambassador class USS Valiant is destroyed defending Narendra III.

6. Emperor Norton

2364: Lt. Commander Jack Crusher is assigned as Science Officer of the USS Enterprise-D.

7. Emperor Norton

2364: Ensign Geordi La Forge is assigned as Conn Officer of the Enterprise-D.

8. Emperor Norton

2364: Lieutenant Tuvok is assigned as Chief Tactical Officer of the Enterprise-D.

9. Emperor Norton

To Data or not to Data? That is the question. Whether tis nobler to have Hobson be a dick to Data and get demoted and replaced by Commander Shelby, or to have such dickishness result in Data never being aboard in the first place.

10. Emperor Norton

2364: Lieutenant Commander Benjamin Sisko is assigned as Chief Engineer of the Enterprise-D on the recommendation of Captain James Leyton.

11. Emperor Norton

2364: Lieutenant Commander Data is assigned as Operations Officer of the Enterprise-D.

12. Emperor Norton

2348: Leslie Crusher is born to Jack and Beverly Crusher.

13. Emperor Norton

2364: Commander Katherine Pulaski is assigned as Chief Medical Officer of the Enterprise-D.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  14. Emperor Norton

2353: Beverly Crusher is killed aboard the USS Stargazer during an encounter with the Ferengi.

15. Emperor Norton

I'm imagining Jellico as a no BS Picard. He isn't the most fun, but he has a job to do and he does it. There's no Crusher kids on the bridge. Reginald Barclay gets sent packing the first time he wimps out. And BoBW may end up with him punching the Borg in the face and saving the day without being assimilated.

16. Emperor Norton

2366: Reginald Barclay is reprimanded for dereliction of duty and misuse of the holodeck, including aggressive and sensual fantasies about his fellow crew. He is transferred off the Enterprise.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  17. Emperor Norton

2365: Commander Bruce Maddox orders Data be turned over for disassembly to find out how he works. Captain Jellico opposes this. In the resulting trial, Jellico defends Data. Commander Hobson works for the prosecution. Jellico is able to convince the tribunal that Data has the right to remain in Starfleet and on board the Enterprise. In his ready room, he criticizes Hobson, not for doing his duty as an officer, but for taking personal interest and pleasure in working against Data. He threatens to transfer him off the ship, before ordering him to return to duty. ("The Measure of a Man")

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  18. doublegoodprole

doublegoodprole Captain Captain

2366: Renowned archeologist Dr. Jean-Luc Picard locates the fabled Tox Uthat during a dig on Risa. This powerful device, said to have originated in the future, is immediately confiscated by Starfleet Intelligence.

Emperor Norton likes this.
  19. Emperor Norton

2365: A mutagenic virus kills the crew of the USS Lantree via advanced old age. Darwin Genetic Research Station is discovered to be the source of the virus, and to be engaged in illegal human bioengineering research. Dr. Katherine Pulaski is infected. It is discovered that the disease was brought about by the genetically engineered children's exposure to and mutation of Thelusian flu. Darwin Station is quarantined, and Dr. Pulaski dies. ("Unnatural Selection")

20. Emperor Norton

To Q or not to Q.