Star Trek Bridge Crew

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I just got a Steam notification that Star Trek Bridge Crew is on sale with a 60% discount.

Is anybody playing or getting this?

I‘m not sure if my PC can run it yet.
    Does anyone know where I can check how long the sale is going on?

2. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I know some friends have. Not sure if they still do now (as it was over 6 months ago) when I tried it. I did a check on my laptop and found that I couldn't.

3. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Well you no longer need vr so the specs should be somewhat lower, i would say a i5 core min and maybe a gtx 960 min and above, if you got any less then i doubt it will run.

Of course you can buy it and if it does not run you can get a steam refund, and yes people still play it and more content is coming at some point.

4. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

There’s an older thread here that came out around Xmas time. I played it by myself, non VR version. Keyboard and mouse interface was very clunky and it didn’t take that long to complete. The random mission generator isn’t that much random, and there doesn’t seem to be any big fan community or mods/ updates..... if it’s on sale, go for it - depends if you think £20 or so us a good deal for a days entertainment. Shame u can’t sell you it for 50%!

5. Haggis and tatties

^^You should have gone with a joypad, it is alot easier than M/K in this game, the game was really never designed for a M/K, motion control then joypad then wayyyy down the list a M/K if you twist their arms. lol

6. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
  7. Ghost

Ghost Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still kind of frustrating that it is not a full experience like Bridge Commander, a long story driven campaign.

The DLC does make Bridge Crew sound more interesting to me now but I won't be able to truly enjoy it without a VR headset and other people to play with.

lurok likes this.
  8. Haggis and tatties

At last!! :D

lurok likes this.
  9. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

TNG DLC? Make it so.

I bought a PSVR system as a birthday present to myself last year because of this game. I spent a lot of nights last summer learning the different stations, getting the trophies, and mastering the Aegis and TOS Enterprise. It can be a lot of fun if you have a good crew together, It's one of the most fun and engaging VR experiences I've had thus far.

I'm also pumped to hear the devs are still supporting this game and releasing the tng dlc. I've heard rumors of pvp crews but the gaming community haven't been holding our breaths for that one..

lurok likes this.
  10. Haggis and tatties

^^^This coukd be Ubisoft version of Sea of Thieves, but in space, could you imagine that.:techman:

11. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

DLC drops today for PS4 owners at some point....

Ill be enjoying the game until then :)