Star Trek: Aurora--"Mudd in Your I" conclusion now online

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Auroratrek, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Auroratrek

Auroratrek Lieutenant Red Shirt

Just a quick note that the conclusion to Star Trek: Aurora "Mudd in Your I" is now online. Parts 1 through 5 are combined to complete the movie.

Check it out here:

Youtube:

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Auroratrek/

Enjoy!--Tim

ian128K, Philip Guyott and Tosk like this.
  2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Outstanding!

3. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Awesome. Thanks heaps, Tim.

4. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Wonderfully done, Tim! Will you be continuing the story of the crew of the Aurora?

5. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Outstanding...!

6. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commodore Commodore

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    Thumbs up as always, Tim. :techman::techman::techman::techman:

Another cool episode, I had a bit of a 'huh' moment that Captain Kragg didn't want to change back, but still a fun story.:)

Agreed, would love to see more stories involving Kara, T'ling and friends!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

7. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Hey! I"m in that!!!! :biggrin:

8. rocketdave

rocketdave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was starting to wonder if Harry Mudd was going to be like Godot and never actually show up. I already left a short comment on the YouTube video, but I'll try to expand on my thoughts a bit...

I loved the first Aurora and I loved this sequel, too. I really respect the time and hard work that obviously goes into animating these things. Although I may not be the easiest person in the world to amuse, I laughed a number of times throughout the episode. After all the funny awkwardness the gender bending shenanigans caused, the resolution with the Klingon captain was rather surprising, but in a good way. It was humorous and maybe a little odd, but might also be described as trans-positive, so kudos for that.

9. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

As did I for a moment, 'til I realized that the episode was presenting a Real-World-Issue just like official Trek does, and does it in a way that both sides of the story are represented. Well done, and unexpected.

rocketdave and CorporalCaptain like this.
  10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see Aurora "pull a Rengades" and continue on as a Trek-alike series.

11. rocketdave

If Aurora were to continue, at this point it would no doubt feel a bit strange to see any Trek elements stripped away. It's probably irresponsible for me to suggest ignoring the guidelines, but I can't help feeling that Aurora is not the sort of production that is likely to incur the ire of CBS since, as far as I know, not a single penny has been raised in order to make it.

12. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aurora is every bit as good as any other Star Trek fan film. I'd certainly love to see more Aurora adventures, but first and foremost I'd like to thank Tim and all who've worked on the project for their magnificent accomplishments. Whatever the future holds, thank you for bringing us these episodes!

rocketdave likes this.
  13. rocketdave

^Absolutely. Of course, the wish to see more is just a sign that this series is well liked, but It's perhaps premature to be speculating about the future of Aurora immediately after the completion of this latest episode, which was surely a massive undertaking and an accomplishment of which Tim should be very proud.

Knowing how long it took to make the first one, I had no clue how realistic it would be to expect a sequel, so the fact that we did get a sequel is already more than I had hoped for.

Before Aurora, there weren't any fan films that I could say I really enjoyed or that I could unreservedly recommend to others. Even now that we have Continues, which has set the bar very high, there's just something about Aurora that still makes it my favorite among the fan productions I've seen.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  14. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

There's very little about Aurora that violates the guidelines already, so I wouldn't worry. That's assuming Tim even wants to make more. I assume it's a helluva lotta work. :)

15. Auroratrek

Thanks, All, for your kind comments about Mudd in Your I, and Aurora. It's been a lot of fun creating these characters and stories, and also a fun challenge to try to stay true to the Star Trek ethos while doing so. Hearing this kind of appreciation for Aurora makes all the work worth it. The new fan film guidelines as they are currently written certainly present an impediment for further Aurora episodes, unfortunately. A number of people have suggested that I "un-Trek" the series and have these same characters in a non-Star Trek setting--and it's tempting since I have invested a lot into these characters--but the truth is that the core of Aurora for me has always been my love and appreciation for Star Trek, and the thrill of creating something in that universe, even if only unofficially. Perhaps, in time, CBS/P will reconsider some of these restrictions--particularly the ban on recurring characters, and the time limits--but until then, it seems I will need to move on to some new venture outside of Star Trek. But, that said, it has been a lot of fun, and I'm glad to have contributed my small piece to the Star Trek world.

16. Auroratrek

PS: and thanks, Mike, for your lending your voice to Aurora--you may "need no help from humans" but I do! ;-)

17. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Yeah, "guideline #1" is pretty much the only one that impacts Aurora at all, but it strikes it at the core. Bummer.

18. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

You are much too kind! Thank for allowing me to be a part of this great show!

19. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

That was great Tim and thank you for casting me, as the father of this future Klingon dynasty it will be no puny honor for the lieutenant. I hope you find a way to keep your universe going because your talent is amazing and should continue to be seen.

Qaplah

20. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Finally found time to sit down and watch the last part. Absolutely loved it, and just wanted to say thanks again for letting me have a small part.

I would love to see you do another one, but I absolutely understand if you don't. Whatever you do next though, I'll watch.