Star Trek Attack Wing?

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Captain Nebula, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Captain Nebula

Captain Nebula Commander Red Shirt

Is anyone going to try Star Trek Attack Wing when it comes out later this month? First release is at GenCon. I'll bet a lot of people are going to buy the minis just for playing Star Fleet Battles and Federation Commander. Unfortunately, there's no Enterprise-A in either the starter sets or any of the Wave 1 or Wave 2 expansions. I wish someone would put up a tutorial on how to convert the HeroClix ships to a SFB/FC hexbase.

2. Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'll be playing. I love the flightpath system that it's based on, and I think it'll be a great fit for Trek. Of course, I also love the HeroClix game, and haven't bothered trying to play SFB in years, since more elegant systems have come about, so I don't know how much my opinion is worth.

3. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

I've enjoyed playing the Star Wars: X-Wing game, which uses the FlightPath rules system that'll be in Attack Wing, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick it up and build a Federation flotilla...

4. Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson Writer Premium Member

One of my friends was at GenCon and picked up the core game and all the available expansion packs. The ships look great. I love the X-Wing game and am looking forward to seeing how AW plays in comparison.

5. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

Got the core set, NCC-1701 and USS Reliant minis this weekend.

First impressions - good quality components & cards, interesting spin on the FlightPath rules system, but I'm disappointed by the quality of the minis. Detail level just isn't as good as FFG's X-Wing minis, and the Constitution-class is tiny.