Spoilers ST Lower Decks - Starships & Technology Season 4 Discussion

But even in DS9 battles, Nebula's & Excelsiors were featured very prominently.

Actually, Nebulas are seen very little in the CGI Dominion war fleets. The Excelsior was seen more prominently because they scanned Greg Jein's Excelsior model from "Flashback" into CGI, and it was far more detailed and could be seen up close.

Actually, Nebulas are seen very little in the CGI Dominion war fleets. The Excelsior was seen more prominently because they scanned Greg Jein's Excelsior model from "Flashback" into CGI, and it was far more detailed and could be seen up close.
IC, so it must be all those guest shots then that make the Nebula class so prominent outside of the DS9 War Fleets

I love that ship. It's so ugly, it's beautiful! :D

A friend of mine believes that the Yeager-class is what Voyager should have been. He had this whole idea of an alternative Voyager series premise where its original secondary hull was destroyed in "Caretaker" and its surviving components having to be united with the remains of the Val Jean in order to make the trip home. I pointed out that Intrepid-class saucers don't separate and in reality the Val Jean is a much smaller ship, never mind how the hell you'd do that with two different starship designs anyway, but he just shrugged and said that wasn't his problem... :shrug:

YEAGER4.jpg

Beautiful thing!
One of these days I'll get around to building a replica of it...still working on my Centaur replica.
Yep, I have plans for both of those, too. The Centaur is particularly problematic to do a proper OG Miranda-scaled "Buckner" build with all the esoteric greebles on it. The Excelsior-scaled neo-Centaur looks a lot easier - and a lot less challenging.

Beautiful thing!
Yep, I have plans for both of those, too. The Centaur is particularly problematic to do a proper OG Miranda-scaled "Buckner" build with all the esoteric greebles on it. The Excelsior-scaled neo-Centaur looks a lot easier - and a lot less challenging.

I actually have ALL the greebles that Buckner originally used. Spent way too much money on old model kits just to get the off part. The biggest challenge is that Buckner either cut half of the top part of the Reliant weapons pod off, or he cut the Excelsior saucer back piece around to fit the pod through it, and either way is problematic for someone not used to a Dremel tool.

It's almost the same reason why the Shangri-La was used in Picard Season 3. Someone really wanted to use the Steamrunner.

But unlike the Shangri-La, they actually adjusted the windows and such on the Sabrerunner to fit the size.

Edit: I seem to have skipped over a couple pages

A friend of mine believes that the Yeager-class is what Voyager should have been. He had this whole idea of an alternative Voyager series premise where its original secondary hull was destroyed in "Caretaker" and its surviving components having to be united with the remains of the Val Jean in order to make the trip home. I pointed out that Intrepid-class saucers don't separate and in reality the Val Jean is a much smaller ship, never mind how the hell you'd do that with two different starship designs anyway, but he just shrugged and said that wasn't his problem... :shrug:

YEAGER4.jpg
Apropos of nothing, I just want to say the Pathyeager is a hilarious April Fools' joke, and I would actually feel tolerant toward it joining canon.

https://www.arcgames.com/de/games/s...1513033-april-fools-command-the-pathyeager%21

rOiqxif.jpg

The actual basic design and proportions of those ships are fine, it's the mish-mash of specific styles jammed together than really uglies them up. I think that's why the Pathyeager is a little bit closer to acceptable than the Yeager.

YEAGER4.jpg

The funny thing is that the first time we see the Yeager flying around Deep Space Nine, it was the episode where Robert Picardo guest starred as Lewis Zimmerman. I would bet good money that Gary Hutzel built and filmed the model for this episode as an in-joke to Voyager. Unfortunately I cannot ask him if this was the case. :(

Last edited:
Indeed, how so? It’s basically a light rework of the Ambassador class bridge seen as the Enterprise-C, with some cosmetic changes and LCARS upgrades. Works for me.

Mark

Well, I'll take 180 degrees over 36 degrees anyday. BAM!

But it's hardly the first bridge module that doesn't match the inside with the out. Well over half of them don't, I'm pretty sure.

Mark

Back