Squirrel Girl: The Unbeatable Radio Show

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Nightowl1701, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

"It sure feels like Doreen Green is thisclose to blowing up and becoming the Marvel Cinematic Universe's family-friendly alternative to Deadpool..." Me, 2017

...and five long years, one failed TV pilot, a couple cancelled comic series and a superhero silver screen battle royale that really could have used her later, the brass ring of live-action stardom remains tantalizingly just out of her reach. But Doreen - and the girl who would have played her, Milana Vayntrub - isn't letting all that stop her. She's launching a six-episode podcast series on Apple and SiriusXM that takes her comic exploits into a rather unusual spot for a Marvel superhero.

Is this weird sideways flex how she'll finally crack that tough nut of mainstream success? Stay tuned in, true believers!

dupersuper likes this.
  2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Milana is the most awesomely adorable woman ever, and is utterly perfect for the role. I wish they had gotten their act together and used her in a film or series. I'm not sure it's still viable now that she's in her 30s.

3. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, they’ll have to go real young like they did with Ms. Marvel… I wonder what Sophia Lillis is up to these days?

4. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

It's great that they've let Ryan North continue her story (even in a different medium), rather than give her to another writer. Milana does a great job in this but I agree that it's very unlikely she'd get to play Doreen in live action (again.) But there's always the possibility of an older Doreen variant.

dupersuper likes this.