Spoilers [SPOILERS] DQ Ramifications of PIC Ep6

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Arpy, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

We find out in the latest episode of PIC that the Borg assimilated the Sikarians from Season 1’s “Prime Factors.” Does this mean that the Borg have effectively assimilated everywhere Voyager passed through in its 7 years?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2020
  2. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

Added some spoiler code to your original post. But that's an interesting bit of trivia for sure.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

They use their spacial trajector as
    An emergency last-ditch escape for the Queen but why not weaponize them and send armies of drones 40,000 light years to every inhabited world?

RaulMacca and Arpy like this.
  4. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

same reason they don't use cloaking technology they must have assimilated long ago ;)

5. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

So...did the Sikarians welcome the Borg cubes appearing in the sky above them with open arms? "We see you are distressed. Please, let's meet, and we will help you relax. We have many fine foods and luxurious fabrics for you to enjoy..." "RELAXATION IS IRRELEVANT. WE ARE THE BORG. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." "You are very stressed out, aren't you? Come. Relax with us. Let us prepare a celebration in your honor. Our chefs will prepare dishes made from lobsters whose shells are formed from duranium one micron thick." "LOBSTERS ARE IRRELEVANT. CELEBRATIONS ARE IRRELEVANT. YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVE US." "But we want to serve you. Assimilate our finest fabrics and beaches. Feel the sun on your faces. You are so pale..."

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Wow, I didn’t make that connection. That’s frightening. Good question why they don’t use the technology for mass invasions.

7. Arpy

Arguments can be made for and against this hypothesis. The Federation was attempted to be assimilated and it’s far away from most of Borg space. Did they take an extra long trip to
    the Sikarian homeworld
    too?

8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

They assimilated some Sikiarians. I doubt all of them.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, for all we know the Borg just got their hands on one Sikarian ship.

F. King Daniel likes this.
  10. NCC-73515

Since the hub connecting to the alpha quadrant was destroyed, they focused on the other 6 more, one of which led towards Sikaria...

11. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do we need to put everything about the Picard episode in spoilers in this thread even though the title is already marked "Spoilers"? Just in case, here we go...
    The Borg didn't necessarily assimilate everybody along the path that Voyager took to get home. They ignore species that don't have anything the Borg want in technological or biological terms, with some such as the Kazon being considered "unworthy." The Sikarians had a piece of technology that the Borg definitely would have wanted if they encountered it. As to why they don't use it to send hundreds of thousands of drones across the galaxy, per VOY "Prime Factors," it was very difficult to get the thing working at all. There was the matter of antineutrinos, and the device needing an amplifier the size of a planet to function at all. Apparently the Borg managed to make it work with enough stability for small-scale transport, being reserved for the queen in case of emergency.

Kor

IMC Headquarters likes this.
  12. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:lol:

13. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gath as he's being assimilated: "I don't like being judged like this. It's very upsetting. Not at all pleasurable."

Kor

Terok Nor, Arpy and IMC Headquarters like this.
  14. IMC Headquarters

THE BORG: WE HAVE NETFLIX. AND HBO. ASSIMILATE THEM WITH US.
    GATH: OOOH! Do you have Game of Thrones, Season Eight? The Voyager people only gave us One through Seven.
    THE BORG: AFFIRMATIVE. AND ALL SIX SEASONS OF WESTWORLD.

rfmcdpei and Arpy like this.
  15. Arpy

I dunno, I kind of think the Borg knew about other races in the area and weren’t into too big a rush to assimilate everyone immediately, but as the Collective expanded, why not use all the resources in the vicinity?

The Sikarians might not have been at the top of the assimilation list, but for them to get Season 1 them...it’s troubling. I wonder if the quadrant is maybe pockmarked now with tumors of Borg sending it into chaos.

16. IMC Headquarters

The Sikarians were an easy sale. With uncounted species under their cybernetic belts, the Borg owned the market on new and novel shit to sample, and stave off perpetual boredom. A cube became the new Promised Land, and all former distractions were left forty-thousand light years behind.

17. NCC-73515

It makes sense to not send drones too far, cause they'd lose their connection to the hive and wouldn't know what to do anymore. Then their real personalities would emerge and they'd live a new life. Not very efficient for invasions XD

18. Arpy

I think I completely disagree -- the Borg were the end to everything they enjoyed in life. The Borg were maybe worse for them than anyone...no individual pleasure, just a white noise the Collective was feeling. Except for the more decadent among them who sought self-destruction (then discovered Hell via the Borg), assimilation was negation of what they sought.

19. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

I think the first post in a thread with Spoiler in the title should be spoiler coded, just in case of an accidental link press. But after that I'd think it's not necessary.

20. Terok Nor

Terok Nor Commodore Commodore

The Borg didn't necessarily need to go to Sikaria to assimilate Sikarians. Maybe the Sikarians came to them thanks to an ill advised trip through their spacial trajector.

I'm loving all the Voyager references on Picard. Did anyone else
    spot the Hirogen ex Borg in Episode 7?

NewHeavensNewEarth and Arpy like this.