Spock gets an autobiography!

golddragon71

Lieutenant Commander
Red Shirt
I just discovered this on Amazon! Next August Spock is going to have his own Autobiography
https://www.amazon.com/Autobiograph...02-4539-4a71-9c99-b2fb6641485a&ref_=pd_gw_qpp
It'll be interesting to see if it's something he penned in the Kelvin verse after he met young Kirk and Spock or if it's something he wrote before he was sent to try and stop the supernova from destroying Romulus.

(although I'm kinda wondering if they should send out the hardcover with a variant book jacket that says I am NOT Leonard Nimoy! :D )

If you're looking forward to this, you should check out David A. Goodman's other Trek autobiographies on Kirk and Picard.

I hope the next biography will be about Sulu, I want to know what he does in the 24th century

Last edited:
They should have his sister there his entire life but due to a sequence of ever-more-implasuble events she never meets a single one of Spock's friends or workmates.

They should just hedge their bets by giving Spock like 15 or 16 siblings. He barely remembers Michael because Amanda kept bringing in orphans and Sarek had a bunch of illegitimate kids across the quadrant during his wild youth.

They should just hedge their bets by giving Spock like 15 or 16 siblings. He barely remembers Michael because Amanda kept bringing in orphans and Sarek had a bunch of illegitimate kids across the quadrant during his wild youth.

Given that Spock served with his crewmates for 3 years before mentioning that his father was the Vulcan ambassador, and another 25 years before mentioning that he had a brother, it's bewildering that anyone finds it implausible that he never mentioned his adopted sister. Oh, and let's not forget Kirk never telling anyone he had a son, Sulu never mentioning a daughter, etc.

Given that Spock served with his crewmates for 3 years before mentioning that his father was the Vulcan ambassador, and another 25 years before mentioning that he had a brother, it's bewildering that anyone finds it implausible that he never mentioned his adopted sister. Oh, and let's not forget Kirk never telling anyone he had a son, Sulu never mentioning a daughter, etc.

I am not bewildered. Don't lump me in with these peons!

I feel like the fact that it's apparently common knowledge Michael is Sarek's adopted daughter is probably the whole reason Spock doesn't mention Sarek is his father. Who wants to be associated with her? Hence him being so coy in "Where No Man," for example.

I feel like the fact that it's apparently common knowledge Michael is Sarek's adopted daughter is probably the whole reason Spock doesn't mention Sarek is his father. Who wants to be associated with her?

She was redeemed and cleared of all charges at the end of the season. So I don't think that washes anymore.

The whole point is, Spock has always been portrayed as a private person who doesn't talk about his family unless he's forced to. So there's no need to come up with some clever handwavey "explanation" for why he behaved exactly the same way he's always behaved.

And no one but Sulu knowing Chekov doesn't have a brother! ;)

I just discovered this on Amazon! Next August Spock is going to have his own Autobiography
https://www.amazon.com/Autobiograph...02-4539-4a71-9c99-b2fb6641485a&ref_=pd_gw_qpp
It'll be interesting to see if it's something he penned in the Kelvin verse after he met young Kirk and Spock or if it's something he wrote before he was sent to try and stop the supernova from destroying Romulus.

(although I'm kinda wondering if they should send out the hardcover with a variant book jacket that says I am NOT Leonard Nimoy! :D )
I think I read somewhere that it was "written" just before the whole Hobus thing happened.

I think I read somewhere that it was "written" just before the whole Hobus thing happened.
Yeah, I think I read somewhere that in universe, this will be presented as a manuscript Spock finished just before Hobus, and was discovered when whoever his next of kin in 2387 was went through his stuff. Kind of like the Kirk Autobiography is conveniently written in the very brief gap between the end of TUC and the launch of the Enterprise B in Generations.

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that in universe, this will be presented as a manuscript Spock finished just before Hobus, and was discovered when whoever his next of kin in 2387 was went through his stuff. Kind of like the Kirk Autobiography is conveniently written in the very brief gap between the end of TUC and the launch of the Enterprise B in Generations.

Gee, what a remarkably fortuitous coinkydink.

I was hoping they'd keep goin and do Sisko next (I know Janeway already has Pathways). I'd also love an autobiography of Archer. I know these will probably never happen since TOS and TNG loom largest in the public's imagination.

She was redeemed and cleared of all charges at the end of the season. So I don't think that washes anymore.
I think you underestimate the extent to which Spock really believes in Following the Rules, and considers his sister's rash emotionalism highly embarrassing even if it was ultimately validated. Like, would he really want to have tons of "Oh do you know Michael Burnham?" conversations every time he identified as "Spock, son of Sarek."

It does seem like this is awkward timing for this book-- presumably it will mention Burnham, but she'll suddenly disappear from his life and never be mentioned again once 2257 rolls around.

Or there will be ton of near misses. "My foster sister Michael came to Earth to join my father in mourning me, but arrived just after Admiral Kirk stole the Enterprise."

"My foster sister came to Vulcan to celebrate my recovery, but arrived just after Admiral Kirk and I departed on a bird-of-prey to save some whales."

"My foster sister came to Earth to provide emotional support at my trial, but arrived just after I was acquitted and departed on the Enterprise-A."

I think you underestimate the extent to which Spock really believes in Following the Rules

No, as I said, I just find it a waste of effort to try to "explain" a behavior that is 100% in character. Spock has never talked about any member of his family until he was forced to by circumstance. This is no different, so it doesn't need a separate excuse.

So she was pardoned? She had already been convicted of mutiny.
The record was deleted in the final episode, thus rendering all "It's not canon, Spock said there's no record of a mutiny" canon discussions that occured over the past six-ish months meaningless. I had a good lough :D

Back