Space Seed/The Changeling VHS Query

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Methuselah Flint, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Methuselah Flint

Methuselah Flint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I came across a listing on Ebay for Space Seed/The Changeling that is *not* the pre-cert release, but rather the later 2 episode per tape with the transporter pad background on the cover. It is Australian.

I realise there were many different releases, however I'm curious because I thought the transporter background cover was only production order?

On a second note, is buying/selling against the rules on here? Reason I ask, is I'm always after the rarer early VHS/Betamax that were released, but fully understand if here is not the place for discussion.

2. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Yes

3. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember these coming out around the time of Wrath of Khan and I rented a few which included the four unshown episodes in the UK! I copied them :shifty: but wasn't happy with Whom Gods Destroy and Plato's Stepchildren (who would have guessed?) and erased them but I kept the others! Back then you never knew if the show would ever be shown again or if it would be available in the shops as the video explosion had only just started really! The quality of the picture wasn't bad but had the annoying habit of dropping out and the reds looked like glowing vests on the security guys! :lol:
    JB

Phaser Two and Methuselah Flint like this.
  4. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

Absolutely no one on this forum. (Sadly broken Matt Decker voice) No one!

Hm. Making them easier targets? :thumbdown: :cardie:

johnnybear and Methuselah Flint like this.
  5. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Love it, Phase, love it!!!! :lol:
    JB

Methuselah Flint and Phaser Two like this.