Space Jam 2 movie LeBron James

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

http://www.thewrap.com/lebron-james-signs-deal-with-warner-bros-to-develop-movies-tv-shows/

Looking forward to the trainwreck this movie will be.

I might go see it if Michael Jordan comes back as a supporting character for this, even if he doesn't need the money.

2. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds great. Loved the first one, James has OK charisma and it will be interesting to see how writers come up with a new story.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

LaBron James is an asshole, the less he is shown o talk about the better.

And why do they want to make a new Space Jam? Just seems like the most useless movie sequel ever.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

EW has released their big cover story on Space Jam: A New Legacy. I have to admit, I was a little hesitant about this before, but after this article, I'm looking forward to it.
    I have a confession to make, of the two live action/animation Looney Tunes movies, I actually prefer Back in Action, and would have preferred a sequel to that, rather than a sequel to Space Jam.

5. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I never saw Space Jam. I'm a fan of the Looney Tunes, but basketball is probably at the bottom of my "sports I'd want to watch" list, and sports is at the bottom of my "Anything I want to watch" list to begin with so even though it obviously wasn't REALLY about basketball and sports, it was still present enough it seemed to turn me off from giving it a shot at the time.

But I do miss the characters so I may go back and give it a shot with this being back in conversation.

Or just watch Who Framed Roger Rabbit again. I absolutely love that movie.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you have HBOMax? If you miss the characters, they do have the new Looney Tunes cartoons on there, and I think they got a pretty good reaction. I didn't check them out first time around, but I probably will when I go back to HBOMax.

M'rk son of Mogh likes this.
  7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've really been enjoying Looney Tunes on MeTV lately. They show them on the weekend and as part of a morning show with a corny host. But on the weekend it's just a nice solid hour of Looney Tunes which seems easier than hunting and pecking on HBO Max for some reason. They also don't seem too worried about showing ones that might offend modern sensibilities.

M'rk son of Mogh likes this.
  8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I've been watching those too.

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Lola is a part of Wonder Woman canon...when Lebron meets up with her, she's a Themyscrian Amazon!

https://ew.com/movies/space-jam-new...twitter.com&utm_term=604251eeffd3f50001a27cb6

10. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

I saw Space Jam... it was pretty good, if unremarkable. But I agree, a sequel would need to feature Mike in a supporting role. A cameo anyway.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

From the big EW article it sounds like this isn't really a direct sequel, just another movie that happens to feature the Looney Tunes characters teaming up with a basketball player.
    It doesn't sound like there are any real connections to the first one.

12. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Lebron James is the right choice for the movie. It would be either him but Kobe, and Kobe is sadly unavailable.

13. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

R. Kelly ruined Space Jam for me because that song always comes up when I think of the film.

14. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I really didn’t like the original, I mean Mugsy Boggs, Shawn Bradley? They were barely NBA players.

As much of a LeBron fan as I am, and as admirable as I find his philanthropic and political pursuits, I’m not sure about Space Jam2. I’v heard he is a pretty good actor for a basketball player, but I’ll wait for word of mouth. Michael Jordan’s stellar performance kinda put me off the concept. :lol:

15. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

It was pretty good. That Michael Jordon gag was pretty clever. Got a laugh from that. Some of those cameos were surprising. I didn’t know Rick and Morty and Austin Powers were WB. I would have had Daffy Duck as the Green Loontern rather than Superman. He has more experience at being that. Bugs and Lola sounded quite different since the previous movie but I suppose it’s been a while that the actors who played them retired. If I was to rank them, Back in Action is still my favourite, then the original Space Jame and then this. I don’t know why Daffy didn’t try a get the greatest basketball player with the perfect record. Bill Murray.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lola was voiced by Zendaya, from the MUC Spider-Man movies and Euphoria, who hasn't voiced the character before, but Bugs was voiced by Jeff Bergman, who's been his regular voice since 1990.
    I watched it this morning, and I thought it was pretty fun. Loved all of the references and cameos, and it had a pretty nice story to go along with it.
    I wasn't sure what to expect from LeBron James's performance, but I thought he actually did a pretty good job.

17. thribs

Seems like a waste of money to have the not-MJ MJ voice her. Surprised Bugs is the same actor as the original Space Jam. He sounded a lot higher pitched here

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

How is it a waste of time? She's a rising star, and the announcement that she was voicing Lola got the movie a lot of attention. Seems like a win-win to me.

19. thribs

I imagine she would be more expensive and I can’t see her being in it would make the movie do better.
    It’s that odd practice Hollywood does by having a list actors in children cartoons. The majority of kids aren’t going to care who voices the cartoon character do you might as well hire professional voice actors instead.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They do that because it having a big name gets them attention, and could potentially bring in the actor's adult fans.