Space Battleship Yamato 2205

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 137th Gebirg, Jun 16, 2020.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Hey all, since we're starting to see more new designs for the upcoming series 2205, I thought it appropriate to start a whole new thread on this topic, as opposed to putting things in the older 2202 thread.

To kick things off, I just found this today on ourstarblazers.com. Looks like a new Dark Nebula battleship concept design for 2205. Starting to look really amazing - applying similar design aesthetics that made the previous ship upgrades so successful, while still having the source material recognizable.
    Dark Nebula Battleship.jpg

Addendum: For reference, here is the original battleship design that I think the above is based on:
    battleship_pleiades.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    Skipper likes this.
  2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Funny, get rid of the tower and it almost reminds me of the Defiant concept from DS9.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Huh... Now that you mention it, yeah, I see it.

What’s even more amusing is that this design is from 1979, over a decade older than the original Pathfinder/Valiant/Defiant concept lineage.

Seems like damn near everything sci-fi from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s can derive inspiration from one or several elements from the original Yamato. The Enterprise vs Excelsior escape setup and execution in TSFS (1984) is almost identical to what was shown between Yamato vs Andromeda escape scene (1978).

And of course, there’s this:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    :lol:

BillJ and Noname Given like this.