SOTL 2017 The Ultimate Computer

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Madkoifish, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Madkoifish

Madkoifish Commander Red Shirt

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool :) RIP Crew of Excalibur! o7

3. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

That is incredible, man!

-Ricky

4. Madkoifish

Yup sardines in a hot tin can. I always pictured them all boiling off from the phaser strike cooking the hull as a kid. TOO many scifi books growing up I guess.

5. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like that they have different versions of the nacelles! Are there any other variations between the models?

6. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

I spy with my little eye:
    • NCC-1657 (Potemkin, middle left) has the 1965 second pilot vent holes on her nacelle endcaps. It looks like she also has the spikes on the forward domes (aka the "Bussard collectors").
    • NCC-1664 (Excalibur, getting the sh!t kicked out of her) appears to be of the same mechanical vintage as the Potemkin.
    • NCC-1703 (Hood, bottom right) has the even older 1964 pilot flat nacelle endcaps (no vent holes, no space matrix restoration spheres, just a slightly raised, flat rectangle).
    • NCC-1709 (Lexington, middle) appears to be structurally identical to the Enterprise.
    How did I do, Madkoifish? :D And BTW, congratulations again on making the 2017 SOTL calendar. :techman:

7. Madkoifish

Yup I think that is them Mostly I mixed up the variations seen as they altered the pilot ship short of the details like the bridge (not seen) or other markings like the pilots upper saucer markings. Besides those things it is just a up-change of textures slightly and alteration of lit rooms. I did keep the little treats down on this one as I was doing a lot of last min modeling and with the cleaner ship design I was worried they would stick out way too much in print so no mice or ducks on board or other little logos. There are some little tropes though, most of which require to calendar to see.
    [​IMG]
    Thinking back I should have left those grooved bits off the forward deflector arrays on one of the ships as tip to the pilot version.

8. spockboy

spockboy Captain Captain