Sony buy Bad Wolf

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Starkers, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

This is interesting. As a few people have said, they're unlikely to interfere with how Bad Wolf and RTD go about making Who, but I guess they may start pushing for a film again?

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Odd how the article kept mentioning His Dark Materials and other shows but not Doctor Who (even if they're not even in pre-production).

I like to think this won't effect the creative quality of Doctor Who but the pessimist in me thinks otherwise. Sony has a very bad track record creatively and has only barely managed a successful working relationship with Marvel with Spider-Man.

3. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Huh.. Soyny hasnt had the best record as of late. Not getting my hopes up now.

4. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The sale was already in the air before the DW deal was announced, so it's not something that's going to have come as a surprise to the BBC. Best case scenario is the show gets a bigger budget out of it.

TheAlmanac and Starkers like this.
  5. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sony Pictures Television is a sibling to Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group, not a descendant. It's got a pretty decent creative track record, most notably Breaking Bad and The Crown.

TheAlmanac likes this.
  6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Ah, good point. Much like with Fox.

Thank you for correcting me on that.