So who is still sticking with their resolutions?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by RAMA, Feb 24, 2008.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I was just curious how many people who started a fitness/weight loss resolution were still keeping up with it almost 2 months later. :)

2. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I made no such resolution, so I'm pretty much sticking with it successfully. :bolian:

Well, actually I did resolve to eat less this year and walk more, and I'm feeling a little nimbler as a result.

3. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Oh sure, make it easier on yourself. :D

4. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I guess I need to work more on some stomach crunches. I feel it will help me considerably.

5. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I've been at the gym since about this time last year when I sold my car. I have toned up considerably and am about 15-16% body fat compared to 22 when I started. I'd like to get bigger but I tend to do a lot of cardio to keep the fat off which probably isn't good for building muscle.

I'm going to suggest sub-forum of this one called "Fitness Journals" or something, so that people can keep track of their progress in fitness over time. Would be motivational to all hopefully.

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Probably wouldn't need a sub-forum, but maybe a blog f eature??

RAMA

7. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

I haven't gained any of the old weight back. So, yeah, I'm sticking with it. Although the resolution predated new years.

8. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Admiral Admiral

I hit new goals this year. And this is 8.5 months after ACL/meniscus repair surgery.

Squats
    315 lbs x 6 reps / 4 sets

Bench Press
    255 lbs x 6 reps/ 4 sets

9. K-Star

K-Star Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just started going to the rec center on a regular basis (30 minutes of cardio each time. Doctor said not to do weights till I've done cardio for a few weeks and/or talked to a trainer). And I quit drinking soda to see if that helped any. Haven't had one in two weeks!

And yet I don't seem to be losing any weight...

10. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I had problems with injuries and depression last year. It resulted in me piling weight back on. I use food as a crutch when things go wrong in my life. I'm determined to get it off again and am sticking to my New Year's resolutions to get back into fitness and my old clothes. It's a couple of months on from January 1st and I'm eating healthily, making meals from fresh; walking to work every morning and home again in the evening and on three days a week going to the gym. So far I've dropped a dresssize and people are commenting on my weight loss. When I put my mind to it I have the will power of a god. Sometimes my mind can work in my favour! :o)

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I actually prefer when people break their fitness resolutions. There are way too many people at the gym in January.

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I find it hard to take people who work out for a month or two seriously. I have to ignore them till they are gone. But still, its better that many start and a few succeed than none at all.

RAMA

13. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Ah too bad about the ACL.

I'm not really targeting any weight goals, but I do plan on looking leaner than ever this year.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Oh, I have no problem with the people that stick it out. But at the beginning of the year I see so many people in the gym who clearly have no idea what they're doing and don't really seem to want to learn. I'm glad when they find their way back to the bar.

Sometimes it feels like people think simply being in a gym will help them get in shape. They don't realize they actually have to do stuff when they're there!

15. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

:) My husband and I were having this very same conversation a couple of days ago. On the subject of January in the gym , I love it and hate it. I love it because I'm usually in shape and have maintained my fitness over Christmas and New Year so feel superior to all the New Year's resolution folks, also a little relieved that I'm not hurting as much as they are. OTOH, I dislike it because it's so damn busy.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I've cut down on...

Crisps by at least 75%

Chocolate 90%

on what I used to eat...

Loss a few pounds so far looking for 2 stone between now and the end of 2008. Also my 5/6 side footy has restarted on thursday nights so that helps too.