So what kind of little helper robots should be used in StarFleet/UFP?

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by KamenRiderBlade, Aug 30, 2020.

1. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We see more little assistant robots in ST: Discovery S2 with Jet Reno.

Those were a nice set of multi-purpose robots.

Michelle Yeoh had little attack robots next to her. I felt like I was watching Phantasy Star Online 2 when I saw her whip those little robots out.

We have the old Exo-Comps.

What other types of Robots should be part of day to day life in StarFleet / UFP?

Assuming they aren't fully sentient like Data, but pretty close without crossing that line.

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

That is one thing you really don’t see a lot of in Trek—androids yes, but not little robots...

3. KamenRiderBlade

So what little robots would you like to see?

I really liked Jet Reno's "Kids" robots. They seem so "Multi-Purpose" and functional.

4. Imaus

Imaus Captain Captain

None of them, maybe United Earth tried to automate a lot of things, delegate a lot of things, but faced the Kzin who hacked them readily with subspace radio hacking and thus Starfleet doesn't trust robots, and even has a eye on their computers, all the time; and the other powers found out this lesson the hard way as well in their histories, thus why robots and automatons are relatively rare. ;)

Albertese likes this.
  5. KamenRiderBlade

Maybe in your Head Canon/Universe, not mine.

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I seem to remember a repair robot that was down in the engineering deck that was broken, explaining Spock’s sacrifice in the TWOK novel. I think of it as looking tall and thin, like Crichton, but with no head, all arms.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020