Spoilers So I just watched Spectral

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gingerbread Demon, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

And I bloody loved it. I did mark this topic as spoilers just in case someone wanted to watch but then jumps in here and feels let down by reading this. Spoilers below.

My only gripe was that they were not ghosts but rather ghostly avatars created in some sort of exotic matter.

I would have loved this movie a bit more had they actually gone the actual supernatural route and had the soldiers fighting actual ghosts. To me this is the kind of thing Ghostbusters could be and the kind of ghostbuster movie I want made.

Having said that I felt a bit cheated with the explanation they give in the movie that this is something made via technology and not something otherworldly. It felt a little bit of a copout to me like they just didn't want to go there and tell that kind of story.

The action was good the locations were good, the cinematography looked OK for the budget they had and overall I had a bloody good time with this movie last night.

7.5/10