Spoilers So how did that happen above Kaminar...?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Jaster, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Jaster

Jaster Captain Captain

Sorry if this has already been raised.

As much as I LOVED the season finale, Such Sweet Sorrow Pt2 establishes that it is actually Burnham and only Burnham involved in the Red Angel incursion at

That being the case, how did the Control from 500 years in the future send a squid back in the Red Angel’s wake? Burnham had never been from that point of origin? Come to think of it, neither had her mother either.

Just a fun discussion point though, not an invite for “this proves how terrible DSC is blah blah blah” as I was still thoroughly entertained. I just like finding what seem like plot holes to discuss and all of Star Trek has them.

Longinus and SpocksOddSocks like this.
  2. SpocksOddSocks

SpocksOddSocks Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's a plot point I forgot about actually. It does seem to be a bit of a loose end, not sure how it was meant to have happened.

It could be a case that the anomaly/Temporal wake thingy is a remnant of a now defunct timeline (like the Enterprise E in First Contact).

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

The temporal anomaly appeared in the next episode, right?
    It wasn‘t Burnham‘s wormhole.

We didn’t get a proper explanation for it.
    For all we know it could have been a side effect of the wormhole interacting with the EMP and Ba‘ul tech as well as the collective puberty of the Kelpians somehow.
    We‘ve seen temporal rifts created by less before.

Or maybe it was just future control trying his best Skynet impression and just happened to open the rift on it‘s own from the future at the earliest opportunity after Discovery got the sphere data. Maybe it used the wormhole as a temporal beacon to aim at a known Discovery location.

4. Jaster

Jaster Captain Captain

I thought we had and that it was Control following the wake of the RA, which they acknowledge as a potential problem when they captured Burnham’s mother.

I’ll need to check now!

5. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

That‘s what the characters infer. But it was never confirmed, and the characters acknowledged multiple times to be mistaken about some of these things.
    Thought they just drew the wrong conclusions because they didn’t have all the facts.

Jaster likes this.
  6. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

The real question is how Burnham just showing up caused all the Ba'ul tech to fail. It didn't happen to Starfleet technology on any of the other jumps.

Longinus, SpocksOddSocks and Jaster like this.
  7. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since our heroes in S3 reside in the future that is involved in making S2 happen, it is perfectly possible that S3 episodes will explain these things. They are mysteries, after all, not contradictions.

Gabrielle Burnham did a lot of stuff. Did some of it involve Kaminar? She probably didn't even know the place existed, originally. But it mattered to both her daughter and to Control, eventually and through time loops, and both Michael and Control mattered to Gabrielle. So she might have paid the place a visit, and done some demanding stuff that resulted in a more stretched wormhole than from a mere quick in-and-out.

Timo Saloniemi

Jaster, Unicorn and Delta Vega like this.