Should Voyager have done a mirror universe story?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Jayson1, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm surprised they ever did it. voyager loved big concept episodes ad this would fit right into that. I even have a idea on how they should have done it.

Why not have the episode set on a DS9 style space station that is next to occupied Earth. the station idea would allow them to use existing sets to film on, where if they did it on earth everything would have to be new. Anyways my idea is Janeway and Seven(who was never turned into a borg) are scientist who work with the aliance much in the same way Jennifer Sisko did. They have secretly developed a way to create a tempoary artificial wormhole to the Delta quadrant were they plan to escape to since the aliance could never catch them again.

Chocatay,Paris,KIm and Docor Zimmerman meanwhile have to still a ship they can use to escape because they have agreeded to go with Janeway and seven. Tuvok is also involved but he wants to stay behind and use the new tech to create a Undergroud railroad system to help other slaves. Torres is the intendant and Seska is her first officer. torres who was created by a rape from her mom on her father hates the alliance but joined them because she felt it was better than be a slave. She finds out about the escape is torn as to whether or not to help them or catch them, al the while she has Seska constantly keeping a eye on her.

Eventually they do escape. Torres dies helping them get away and the episode or episodes ends with them encountering Neelix.

Jason

2. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

I loved the mirror universe episodes on DS9 and would have loved to see one on Voyager. Tuvok would not be in it because he was already involved with the DS9 plot.

3. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

No.

stardream likes this.
  4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

ayes but we never saw him again after the season 3 ep. It's possible he left the rebellion and somehow how got connected to the Voyager people.

Jason

5. stardream

stardream Commodore Commodore

6. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As fun as that sounds, I prefer the ship-born mirror episodes like Mirror, Mirror, and Mirror Darkly, where they're like cutthroat pirates. In that sense, I think Living Witness fits nicely.

7. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Living Witness was a bit of fun.

8. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    I would have loved to see a MU episode in the vain of Living Witness but explained as as a permutation where the Terran Empire survived and Voyager was cast like PU into the Delta Quadrant. They have the same goals(get home) but very different attitudes about it. Mirror Voyager conscripts willing or unwilling rebels(Chakotay? Paris?) and locals-Kazon, Talaxian and so on. They have a confrontation with the Borg and Janeway severs Seven and a few other Drones from the collective creating a mini collective under her command. They exist primarily as a defensive and research force-both to defend the ship from threats(boarding parties) and research weapons and propulsion systems.

They will happily make deals with anybody that either offers a way home(shortcuts) or new weapons tech.

I can see in early Voyager them beating the crap out of the Kazon and conscripting any they catch into a fighting force. Neelix in this timeline doesn't desert or somehow shows his military usefulness gaining a bridge position.

Tensions exist between Chakotay and Paris and Torres is a mean spirited, frightening and violent chief engineer.

Maybe have Kes be used as a telepathic agent. Both for interrogation, discernment of enemies or aliens and if necessary to attack.

Have the Doctor be an Android without the slightest moral compass and Tuvok be a chief of security who won't hesitate to torture or kill.

Have Kim be a a minor bridge officer-deals with transports, communications and so on. And is the softest of the lot.

Have the episode be where our crew makes contact with them. Allowing for conflict and contrast. Perhaps with some fired phasers and philosophical speeches.

9. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

That doesn't sound too bad.. I'd be inclined to make Torres a little sweeter. Into cooking and nurturing, girly and scared to fight.

10. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm... shouldn't they in the MU logically be cast into a different quadrant ? :) (thinking now of the original mirror universe episode where the Ent 1701 literally reverses direction)

But I agree that they did a thing of sorts with Living Witness. In fact, I think every show did something with that concept ('a differently behaving copy of the crew') save for TNG.

11. Space Coast

Space Coast Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was under the impression that by the Voyager era in the Mirrorverse, the Terran Empire had already been conquered (during the DS9 era) and humanity was just recovering as its own species.

At that point I think the timeline differences would have been too great for it to work, or at least work well. Living Witness was close enough.

12. Six of Twelve

Six of Twelve Captain Captain

No. I despise all the Mirror Universe episodes in all series and thought it was an overused trope. I'm glad they left it alone in Voyager.

stardream likes this.
  13. Voth commando1

You could always hand wave by saying it was a permutation of the MU timeline a la Parallels where the Terran Empire survived.

14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

A mirror universe crossover episode could have been fun, if they'd ignored DS9's version. Evil!Janeway, Darkside!Neelix, Kes who's basically Warlord Kes all the time and melts people's faces when they wrong her...

15. Space Coast

Space Coast Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

There is such thing as too many canon timeline permutations, you know.

16. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, with the Mirror universe, the fact of it having continuity is what makes no sense.

17. Voth commando1

The novels have already done this in a manner that to me at least is completely acceptable.

Both Dark Mirror and that prologue scene in that Ghemor DS9 novel show MU's where the Terran empire did not fall.

You could have at the beginning of the episode some expository dialogue about how Spock's reforms were reversed or halted or something that effect. It wouldn't be that much trouble.

18. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Most of the DS9 MU was pretty cringe.. with some good bits. I still think TOS was the peak of MU portrayals :lol:

If you want some VOY in the MU I recommend Dark Passions, a most amusing Treklit double. What a romp ! Very camp, very lively, great voices (as in the writing rings true). And had that VOY humour all round. Quite a departure from the at times stodgy Treklit of the past.

Yes you all need to go find those now out of print VOY MU books and read 'em.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Voyager_(mirror)

fireproof78 likes this.
  19. rcjames

rcjames Lieutenant Red Shirt

Personally, I don't think the MU should have got a run after Mirror, Mirror. For me, the MU episodes in DS9 were some of the more disappointing parts of the series. And in ENT it just seemed like a massive fanwank to me. So, in regards to Voyager and the MU, I'd have to say no.

Six of Twelve and stardream like this.
  20. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

By Susan Wright.

fireproof78 likes this.