Shogun Tango

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RAMA, Oct 10, 2012.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

2. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

How exactly was that Virgin commercial creative?

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Great effects. nothing more.

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Virgin had nothing to do with it.

The answer here would be: Yes all the creativity is in short films now, where they can take a few chances, use modern tech to look polished and still serve as a new talent pool for the studios to make less creative (but probably still cool) films.:techman:

5. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I know there's a disclaimer at the end of the video, but I'm still suspicious that Virgin had nothing to do with it. Why would a "creative" filmmaker producing a short film about racing in the future plaster Virgin logos all over the winning vehicle and driver?

But that's neither here nor there. I'm still unsure as to why you consider this short creative? It was essentially a recreation of a pod race, the acting was terrible, and it didn't tell a story other than "a race."

I'm not trying to be contrary, I'm just genuinely interested in what you think was creative. What chances were taken here? Where is the polished modern tech? The effects are decent, but obviously low budget and hardly polished. That's not necessarily a bad thing, filmmakers have to work with what they have, but nothing seen here is uncommon.

And after seeing a film like "Looper," I would have to contest that all the creativity is in short films now. And I'm saying this as a short film producer! :lol:

6. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh hey it's F-Zero/Wipeout in movie form!

7. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral