Seven Of Nine/Jeri Ryan Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Jetfire, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

My old thread was here; http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=118852 but my images from photobucket got deleted and that thread died...so now we have THIS ONE! :D

***Warning Image Heavy***

Welcome To The Seven Of Nine/Jeri Ryan Appreciation Thread!
    Dedicated to The Awesome Seven Of Nine And The Beautiful & Wonderful Jeri Ryan. :adore:
    Talk about Jeri Ryan or Voyager's Seven Of Nine!

Seven Of Nine
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_of_Nine

[​IMG]
    Seven Of Nine

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Videos; Seven Of Nine Funny Moments, Singing 'You Are My Sunshine', Seven Of Nine 'All I Need'

Jeri Ryan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ryan

[​IMG]
    Jeri Ryan

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Videos; Jeri Ryan Interview - Mortal Kombat Legacy, Jeri On Craig Ferguson, Jeri On Two And A Half Men.

As before...

.::Rules::.
    1. If you don't like Jeri Ryan Or The Character Seven Of Nine...Don't post here. :borg:
    2. Please feel free to post images of Jeri Ryan/Seven Of Nine, YT Videos or talk about her here. :)
    3. Let's have fun. :bolian:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
  2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jetfire I'm having my morning sunday coffee here, and I thought to myself.. I wonder if Jetfire started that 7 thread.. and..

HERE IT IS.

:adore:

My most adored Trek character ever as well as the one I've spent the most time defending (surprisingly).

So, let's get started.. here is Jeri Ryan in Mortak Kombat this year, as you can see she looks WONDERFUL.

[​IMG]

And now here's my all time favorite 7 video, this makes me cry. Watch on high def.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFO7sX6B7wI[/yt]

3. teacake

And THANK YOU Jetfire for these fabulous photos!!! Also that's supposed to be "Mortal" not "Mortak" but you can't edit once you have a vid in there, LOLOL.

I remember all the stuff I watched because of Ryan.. the O.C., she was in a story arc in that and looked great. Boston Public, yay.

4. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks, Jetfire.
    Now we Seven/Ryan fans have a post to compete with the "Why is Janeway Sexy" post.(Take that bitches!!:p:lol:)

5. teacake

A FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!!

or..

The two threads will meet in the middle and we will end up with the Voyager version of Closer.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Or

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2MNNjjhikY[/yt]

I liked it!

:devil:

[note] I had some more images I couldn't fit in the OP...I might post them in a few days. :)

7. teacake

:eek: :eek: :eek:

How have I never seen that one!

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

You haven't!? :eek: That vid did give me a strange thought...Janeway & Seven both being involved with Chakotay. :ack:

9. teacake

"strange" is too kind a word for that thought Jetfire.

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:rommie: Yeah.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8K9-wN0De4[/yt]

More Like Me

froot's awesome vid. :D

11. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    ^ Hey, I've seen that before! :lol:

Of course, there's a lot of double-dipping here, seeing as how everyone here's posted in the HiJS thread at least a few times :lol: Ew, did I write "double-dipping?" Gross.

I wonder if anyone's ever written J/C/7. It would both please and horrify every kind of shipper, and probably cause heads to explode.

It should happen.

12. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    7/J/C - cheesy but fun...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8uhK80IYdI&feature=related[/yt]

13. Thomas.B

Thomas.B Lieutenant Red Shirt

I haven't gotten to the Seven of Nine episodes yet in my Netflix.
    But I remember she was a shot in the arm to the show.
    I'm seeing that Voyager was really pretty daring for Star Trek even before Seven joined the cast. One got the feeling that they had permission to do more exciting things. And bringing Seven on might have been a ploy to boost ratings, but it was a very good ploy.
    P.S.: cool photos

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Thomas.B I hope you will enjoy the seasons with Seven Of Nine. :bolian:

15. starlitegirl

starlitegirl Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Once Seven came on, Voyager became so much more science/tech oriented because her character brought that option. They were able to do so much just because of her having so much more technological experience as a Borg. After assimilating 8,000 + species I'm a bit surprised that they weren't able to do even more than what they did do.

I know there are a lot of Seven haters out there, and I understand why given that she was seen as a sex object, which ironically is the absolutely not what her character represented. Seven didn't even begin to get into a romantic range of emotions until the last year of the show. Janeway was the only female character that could come close to competing with her as far as having few to no romantic entanglements, but even she had more than Seven.

Seven was really a great character that brought a lot to the show, but I think some Trek fans didn't like that once she came on she was a key character and also that the character development of some of the other cast and their personal storylines diminished. I like that we didn't have to spend a lot of time on that. Kes and Neelix were the only species aside from Seven that we weren't familiar with and we got plenty of episodes where they were important or had major storylines. I guess it's just my own thing that I would much rather have a good scifi episode than an alien character episode. There's only so many of them I could take. Most of the ones Voyager had were well done and gave the show enough balance between Voyager situations vs. character situations.

16. teacake

starlitegirl GREAT POST. I always think it's very ironic that 7 was brought in for the sex appeal and yet has almost no romantic/sexual interaction. They brought her in for her looks and what they got was a fascinating character with one of the best story arcs and character developments in all of Trek. Jeri Ryan of course had a lot to do with it because she is a superb and nuanced actor who seemed to thoroughly enjoy her role.

One great thing 7 brought to the series was her interaction with all the other characters which gave them character development themselves. Now as we all know the potential for conflict with the Maquis members was wasted but I think we saw some great conflict and challenges with 7 as the crew dealt with having an ex-Borg in their midst. She provoked a lot of strong reactions in people, with Janeway and the Doctor very protective of her.

17. klingonhybrid

klingonhybrid Ensign Red Shirt

I didnt realize how incredibly hot she was, I was always a fan of marina sirtis from TNG, but 7 trumps all players....its really unfair

No need to talk about her character....she is just hot

18. teacake

Jeri Ryan is a very striking, and unusual looking woman. She stands out IMHO because she has all those classic hot things, the stunning body, the blonde hair, yet she is not in the least generic looking.

[​IMG]

19. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey, beauty is only a light switch away. :lol:

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest