semi-vanity thread: who's the biggest stoner here?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Rÿcher, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Rÿcher

Rÿcher Fleet Captain

I know I'm kinda new but is there anyone else here who's known as a bigger stoner than me or am I it?

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

You know, we have a CaptainStoner here. He has the stoner in his name, so I guess he's bigger. :p

3. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Many years ago I could have Toked For England if there was such a thing - but not these days, as I gave it all up years ago.

But, still - good times.

:D

4. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

What's a stoner? Seriously, why talk about that?

5. Markas

Markas Captain Captain

I am stoneless.

6. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

I dnt nkow wat u all are tokin' about
    [​IMG]

7. Outpost4

Outpost4 Vice Admiral Admiral

Someone who consistently smokes pot.

In my day, Rÿcher, in my day. But those days passed many years ago. Back in 1974, I'd roll a lid of pot into joints, put them into the front pocket of the bib overalls I often wore, and pass them out on the floor of Winterland at a Grateful Dead concert. We also once took our party bong to a show. It was a 8 person hookah that would burn an ounce of pot at a time. That puppy could get dozens of folks stoned at once.

[​IMG]

8. Rÿcher

Rÿcher Fleet Captain

Pride, my pius friend.

I would have made such a good Dead Head back in the day. Always a day late and a dollar short.:(

9. TigerBait

TigerBait Captain Captain

Well, I have built a 3 person water hookah out of a deep space nine model. Once I had it posted on the web, but since it's been taken down, that was in 2003.

I do still have the contraption, but it has seen better days, a couple of the pylons could use some work.

There was a Spockweed here at one point, we had some 'high trekker' threads back in the day, I wonder if they're still accessable.

10. Rÿcher

Rÿcher Fleet Captain

I bow to you.:bolian:

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I'm sure this is boring and obvious but here goes....is this really something to be proud about? I suppose since you are 35 this is something you won't grow out of. I'm not even talking about the actual dangers of smoking it, but the fact that in its purest form, the taking of anything even mildly hallucinagenic is puerile.

RAMA

12. Rÿcher

Rÿcher Fleet Captain

the same can be said of weightlifting.

13. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Back when I was eight feet tall and bulletproof, I could have smoked anyone here under the table. I mean, it was like Cheech and Chong at my house for a long time, starting with my fraternity days in the mid 80's.

I smoked every day for about ten years straight. I could tell you stories, especially from when I lived in Australia.

But now I'm older. I've got kids, responsibilities, etc. Those are fun memories (at least, what I can remember) but I've moved on.

Once in a great while, when the time is right, I can still partake, but it's nothing like my 20's. I think I personally propped up both the Dominos and Visine empires.

14. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Spoken like one that has not tried it.

The same thing can be said about drinking alcohol or caffeine or eating chocolate or skydiving or having sex or, yeah, pumping iron; it changes brain chemistry temporarily and people wouldn't do it if there was no pleasure in it.

15. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

That's an odd combination - to be such an avid stoner and still sucha devoted father. Aren't you concerned about the effects on your daughter?

:confused:

16. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

*steals idea*

Well RAMA your opinion has merit and is noted. A lot of young people experiment with various drugs, just for kicks. That in itself is "puerile" (yeah I had to look that one up). But your whole reasoning crumbles after that, like ganja that has been over-dried.
    I think that the main reason so many younger people play with hallucinogens and such, is because of the policy (in the US) of mis-education and non-education about these things. Interesting to note that Holland has much less of a problem with its youth than the US in this regard.
    There is nothing intrinsically immature about smoking marijuana, in fact young people shouldn't smoke it. The association you have is not based on reality, but on cultural conditioning. It should be an adult association, not "that's something kids do until they grow out of it".
    This particular plant, as well as most of the other entheogens, have been companions of humanity forever. There are long, deep traditions that continue today having to do with their proper use. Marijuana does socialize enormously with repeated exposure. The more serious hallucinogens were never meant to be taken lightly. But, there is no proper education about this, they are just left as forbidden fruit, which does, on rare occasion, have tragic results.
    It's all cultural. The US is all about encouraging, even structuring work days around the consumption of stimulants - coffee break - but an entheogen like marijuana is opposed for a reason. It really does help open the consciousness. Whoever "they" are, they don't want that. But it is far from immature. Required? Of course not. Nothing revealed is anything you hadn't already known. But there is great value in such revealation. It is a path less traveled, and we have the right to walk it.

17. Rÿcher

Rÿcher Fleet Captain

I don't do it around her, or near her or in the same building with her nor will I even interact with her if I am even so much as buzzed.

responsibility. If all of us stoners ascribed to such ideals, pot would have remained legal along with tobacco.

18. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Only in a thread about weed do I get a new word of the day :D

Good post, btw :)

19. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

:lol::lol::lol:

For the first time in my entire life, I feel like, yes, I COULD have made an Olympic team!! :lol:

USA! USA!!!:guffaw:

But that was many, many years ago. Now I am a responsible professional with a career and many, many extraordinarily tedious responsibilities. So no more bong hits for me.

Except in Amsterdam. In Holland, all bets are off. :cool:

20. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I've done a lot of drugs in my day...I mean, guys I used to party with a dead, but I'm still living. I'm not doing them now or anything, but ...heh, ganja is for lightweights - although I did once have this sweet stuff that a buddy got from Denver...dude, we were watching a movie and totally lost our hearing. 20 minutes later (as is 22222222222222222222220000000000000000 mmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnuuuuuuutttttteeeeesssss ;) ) later, when we came to, we had a good laugh, because we'd kept turning up the volume...it was totally maxed out and we still couldn't hear it. Ah, that was some good ganja.