Seeking sounds from TOS ( The Changeling )

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by glmk001, May 16, 2020.

1. glmk001

glmk001 Cadet Newbie

Greetings all. Newbies for the board but not the Star Trek Universe. I am hoping this is the right area to post.

I am a SecondLlife resident being there for a decade. There are numerous ST role-play and dedicated sims there. I am presently on a project from the TOS episode The Changeling. The project is NOMAD. I have completed the build but finding sounds has been difficult. I have found only two and only one of them seems decent to use.

The imperfect comment and NOMAD's tech sound which is not very good. There are some good websites out there with lots of sounds to attain but NOMAD seems to be rather scarce. If anyone has knowledge of where to find some or has any please contact me.

Be safe out there.

Mike

[​IMG]

Phaser Two likes this.
  2. Methuselah Flint

Methuselah Flint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have the M5 robot sound from Requiem for Methuslah somewhere, if that's any good? Uses similar sound, but not quite the same though.

3. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Many of the sound were recycled from episode to episode. You might find some of what you're looking for on the old Star Trek sound effects CD.

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  4. Methuselah Flint

Methuselah Flint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know when people used to grab the raw music from DVDs before the soundtrack collection came out, dialogue was removed on certain audio tracks, but sfx were retained. I expect there's dialogue-only places where Nomad is present. You may be able to grab the raw sfx there, if you have the DVDs?
    I think Audacity (free) can split the audio into separate components.

5. glmk001

glmk001 Cadet Newbie

Thanks folks. Pretty much all your suggestions are in the works. I may have to do a sound grab from episodes but that is a challenge. I do have Audacity and it works fairy well once you figure it out. But some audio tracks fail to convert sometimes and separating background and other sounds I have yet been able to get that right. Seeking a sound effect CD may be an option too but want to try other options before going the $$ route. :) TX

6. ItsGreen

ItsGreen Captain Captain

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  7. ItsGreen

ItsGreen Captain Captain

8. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey what about Tan-Ru? Don't anybody forget his contribution to the episode!!!
    JB

Phaser Two and Methuselah Flint like this.
  9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I think the weapon sound was some short circuiting...some switch being thrown