Secrets Revealed At Comic-Con

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by AC84, Jul 25, 2007.

1. AC84

AC84 Captain Captain

J. J. Abrams is an idiot if he thinks we'll be surprised by the announcement of Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy. And I don't think he's an idiot. He and Paramount Pictures know damn well that everyone is soaking up every little leak and rumor that slips out. I have no doubt that he'll officially announce Quinto as Spock and Nimoy as a cameo (but I would be absolutely, pleasantly surprised if he announced the role as a possible older Spock).

But I think he has something small, yet very big compared to previously released information, up his sleeve.

What else do you guys think the film makers are going to spill? Me, personally...I think he is going to give us a specific story or plot.

2. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They can revel the Kirk actor....

3. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't see him giving us every last detail - doesn't seem to me his style. There will need to be a bit of mystery for marketing campaign after all.

I'm sure he'll confirm the era some cast and a general plot of the film but he'll leave some mystery there some "Wait and sees" as it were.

Sharr

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I'd imagine we'll get a general idea of the story - the time period, Kirk's rank at the beginning, the nature of the enemy he faces (if not his identity).

We might get some idea of how else will appear in it - Kirk and Spock we know, but I imagine they'll tell us if McCoy, Scotty or Pike will appear.

I'd love to think that the casting for Kirk will be announced, but I doubt it. Still, interesting times we live in!

5. Cmndr J Crichton

Cmndr J Crichton Commodore Commodore

I would like to see some casting info, and the new design of the Enterprise. Mabey even a teaser trailer!

6. AC84

AC84 Captain Captain

Trust me, we would have found out by now. He could have one or two credits on imdb.com, and we'd still know about the actor's name and his hobbies a week before any announcement was made.

7. Superman

Superman Fleet Captain

According to the wonderful TrekMovie.com, Thursday's Paramount presentation at SDCC is supposed to include not only Abrams, but also some/all of the other producers, as well as an unveiling of "something."

I imagine they're going to show us a shot of the "new" Enterprise, just to wet the fan appetite.

As for Kirk casting, I think they've got him cast, and they let the Quinto/Nimoy stuff out early to keep people off the scent.

After all, this is James T. Kirk we're talking about.

\S/

8. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I pretty much agree with all of that. I don't think that they HAVE Kirk (any of the various versions) picked out yet. But they definitely have young and old Spock in the bag already.

I expect to see a ship design unveiled. But I don't expect it to be Enterprise. And it'll be as a concept painting, not a final model. Same thing with some production design (set paintings?) and costume design.

I do not expect ANYTHING about the plot.

Casting of Kirk is probably going to remain a mystery for a while (even if they think they have "their guy" for the "leading" version of Kirk) So... when's the next "big hype event," anyway?

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

99% of the world will be surprised when the news hits mainstream media (as a tiny tidbit; a "new Spock" is worth a small blurb in the likes of USA Today but nothing more - ditto for Kirk). We're just the zany 1% who worries about this stuff.

10. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

Title of the film will also be announced....
    " STAR TREK " and we will all be like "No, Really ?"
    - W -
    * Smirking *

11. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^

"Star Trek: The Motion Picture. This Time. Really."

12. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

Star Trek: The Motion Picture, NOW with MOTION!

13. Tamek

Tamek Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see how many pages are in the script and what font it's printed in.

Also critically pressing news like who the key grip and drivers will be.

14. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think we'll probably get concept art of the new Enterprise.

We'll eat up any bone they throw to us, so it doesn't really need to be big news this early. ComicCon is not for mainstream folks (which we know they are targeting) so it will probably be an annoucement of a nerdish type. I think the ship qualifies.

15. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, some of us will eat it up... others will probably say it goes against everything Roddenberry stood for, does not make sense in the continuity based on that one line in episode 32 and um... what else?... Oh yeah, J.J. Abrams is raping their childhood. ;)

Trekkies. Gotta love 'em! :thumbsup:

16. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

The way Leonard Nimoy was hyping the damn thing at Cherry Hill this weekend, I'm expecting a fraking teaser trailer, casting announcements, plot synopsis, a whole mess of stuff. Literally, a virtual orgy of information come tomorrow.

17. Dark Gilligan

Dark Gilligan Writer Fleet Captain

Doubtful. This isn't a Star Trek panel, it's a Paramount Pictures presentation featuring several upcoming film of which "Star Trek" is one. "Indiana Jones 4" will have it's time on-stage as will other movies. Abrams will have a piece of the presentation but not the whole thing. He's make his announcement then step aside for the next speaker.

18. Crazy_Uncle

Crazy_Uncle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

perfect!!!

:guffaw:

19. AC84

AC84 Captain Captain

While that is probably partially true, I'm looking at Wikipedia and imdb.com right now. Everyone, including people who aren't Trek fans but loyal followers of J.J. Abrams, are treating this as official information. This is surprising seeing as how the announcement technically hasn't been made yet (three-four hours to go).

Shit, take a look at the Wikipedia pages for Star Trek (film), Zachary Quinto and Spock. All treat this information as official and undisputable. The imdb profile for Star Trek (2008) already has Quinto credited as Spock.

20. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

Don't you mean "Now with actual motion" ;)

- W -
    * heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh *