Spoilers Season 2 Trailers, Previews, and Promos

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by KennyB, Jun 16, 2021.

1. The Librarian

The Librarian Commodore Commodore

That anti-time anomaly which would have swallowed the entire alpha quadrant was a bit of a dick move, but it technically wasn't his fault, and I bet this situation isn't either.

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Who knows? He pivots so much you can never tell. "It was just to teach you a lesson. Yeah, that's the ticket."

Commander Troi and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

I like how trailer had plenty of punches (with inter-punch quips) to emphasise the more thoughtful, character-driven tone of the series.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Markonian and Danja like this.
  5. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The person holding the knife looks like the Borg Queen, although why she'd be brandishing a weapon like that is anyone's guess. Maybe she isn't able to use her assimilation tubules?

6. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

If the team got her from Starfleet, I'm assuming they would deactivate her assimilation capabilities as a matter of course.

7. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

It's unlikely that the first of her class, and that class being the successor to the Oberth as a science ship, is a combat variant. Nemesis never said the Nova was a combat ship. It probably has the best sensors and was in the area (like the main ship is always the closest to the problem of the week), and that's why it joined the battle group to help detect the Scimitar through its cloak for example. And if small variations already lead to a new name (Rhode Island), and the design itself existed as the Defiant's design first, it's easily possible that this class has a different name as well. It's actually funny that the ships look so similar if the change in history happened 376 years before XD

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope it's all just early trailer CG and when the episode airs they're all replaced with the Zeng-He

9. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

I love the fact that the two female baddies from Timeless played the Borg Queen.

10. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's Tapestry but even then he didn't go this far.

11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Ray Hardgrit

Ray Hardgrit Commodore Commodore

That's a pretty good guess at what it could look like I think. Though I'm sure I can see even more guns sticking out the front of it on the painting.

13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't notice the deflector until it was pointed out in that tweet.
    [​IMG]

Interstella5555 likes this.
  14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why? If Starfleet wanted to develop a combat variant of the Nova class, would it not make sense to go back to the first ship of the class and refit it accordingly as a testbed for said variant?

Indeed, the interpretation taken in non-canon sources is that after the Equinox disappeared and was presumed destroyed, the entire Nova class line was recalled to undergo extensive investigations to determine if there maybe a flaw with the design itself, and with rising tensions with the Dominion ongoing at the time, the decision was made since all Nova class ships were in the shipyards anyway, might as well overhaul them into combat ships.

15. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

16. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

If Q were to be a total dick, he would appear the same age as when he first appeared in TNG.

And what if it's Q's road not taken, instead of Picard's? Even omnipotent beings make choices.

17. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

But that's actually not such a bad episode, and no he has never gone this far. Wonder what went wrong that he had to fix / change?

18. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did I say it was bad?

shapeshifter likes this.
  19. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

the original defiant design was rejected because they wanted a more compact ship with fewer vulnerable areas, that's why the defiant changed so much. if the ship that gives the class its name is completely altered, wouldn't that alter the whole class as well?
    End of story :shrug:

20. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not "typically." No doubt that can be adjusted for different mission profiles.