Season 13 starts shooting in a few weeks

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Not sure if this has been noted but it looks like Chibnall has written every episode of series 13 :brickwall:

On the plus side Maxine Alderton has a co-writing credit on one, and I guess this might make for a more consistent storyline (glass half full)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    jaime likes this.
  2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Good.

3. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Sorry, noob here. Does Season 13 still include Doctor Jodie, or already Doctor 14?

4. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

Whittaker plays the Doctor in series 13. (Which is kind of fitting, with her being the 13th Doctor)

Commander Troi and Markonian like this.
  5. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Commodore Commodore

It's his baby, he should have the hand to literally dictate where his series need to end; also he owes it to the followers who loved and invested watching this incarnation of the Doctor. I look forward to what RTD has in stored for his return to the franchise, I haven't watched Doctor Who since Capaldi's final episode "The Doctor Falls". I missed the X-Mas Special "Twice Upon a Time" because no one in the fam wanted to see it during Christmas dinner. Odd, since we had watch the Christmas Specials during dinners since David Tennent's run.

6. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not a big surprise (though definitely a disappointment) that he's writing the whole thing. Presumably there's a completely different version of S13 we'll never see that featured multiple writers and the traditional overseas shooting.

In a mark of how quickly things must have changed, back in December 2019 it was announced that one of the scripts would be by a first-time writer.

https://deadline.com/2019/12/fleabag-heads-to-japan-global-briefs-1202799076/

Starkers likes this.
  7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

8. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not your fault obviously, but given the razor-thin profit margin DWM is operating on these days it's pretty shitty the way people scan anything interesting that appears in an issue and stick it online.

9. Samurai8472

10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Scarecrow Keeper Premium Member

I'm starting the petition now: Jodie Whittaker as Spider-Woman! Let's make this happen, people!!

Saul likes this.
  11. Samurai8472

12. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I love this design. I felt the redesign in the RTD era was, for lack of a better word, cute. This new look takes them back to their more menacing appearance. Really great choice.

13. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

14. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

There was mention, but it was melted with acid.

ATimson likes this.
  15. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

guess it would have preferred an arrow in the probic vent.

16. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Scarecrow Keeper Premium Member

Trailer!!!

Ood!

Cybermen!

Weeping Angels!

Sontaran on horseback!

And I think that was Kevin McNally towards the end! Another returning classic Who actor!

Starkers and Commander Troi like this.
  17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

Damn, I've tried twice to sit through The Timeless Children without making it to the end but Chibs has me at least intrigued for this six episode run.

18. DigificWriter

After that trailer, I'm even more convinced that Series 13 is going to be the first since Season 23 (The Trial of a Time Lord) to not have individual episode titles shown onscreen.

19. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it was John Bishop (but I could be misremembering) who described the series as a six hour movie. The stories will be tightly connected. But we're not sure about the status of individual episode titles. I'd guess that they will still have them. We'll find out soon either way!

20. DigificWriter

Chibnall's Era has been a spiritual throwback to Classic Who to a far greater degree than his predecessors' tenures, and everything I've seen and heard so far of Series 13 reminds me very much of Trial of a Time Lord, structurally.

I also wouldn't put it past him to emulate ToaTL just so he could "do it better" given the comments he made as a teenager about that story and about the state of the franchise in general.

jaime likes this.