Sean Spicer Reminds Me of Gul Madred

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by polyharmonic, Jan 23, 2017.

1. polyharmonic

polyharmonic Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

https://mobile.twitter.com/Monte_Colorman/status/822949713129390085

I know a lot of people compared Sean Spicer to "Baghdad Bob". While apt, it reminded me more of Gul Madred. It's clear to me that Spicer, like the fictional Madred, is trying to cow the press into submission. Will they submit that maybe there is a fifth unseen light? Or will the press say to Spicer, "THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!"

Discuss.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

OP, since you notified on the topic to have the title edited, I assume that it means you have some interest in seeing this thread continue. Normally I would close down a thread with so little content for discussion (and only a pic link) like this, but since you expressed some interest, I'll let it continue for now. But from now on you need to add a direction for discussion and possibly even a couple passages from an article and a link. As the thread-starter it's your job to curate the thread and give it a direction of discussion.

Press Secretary Sean Spicer's bizarre, completely unnecessary, and easily disproven claims about the size of the crowds and the completely false reasons he gave for the "appearance of" lower attendance levels is what I presume you wish to discuss, yes?

3. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But think of his book deal.

"The lies I told for Trump."

Nyotarules likes this.
  5. polyharmonic

polyharmonic Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yes. What happened was it prematurely posted. I've since added more to the OP.

6. Locutus of Bored

Gotcha. Thank you. :)

7. OtherGene

OtherGene Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I disagree. I see Sean Spicer as more like Legate Damar at that point when he was merely a puppet doing his masters bidding.

Back in the real world, that's two press conferences when press questions have been refused. That is not democratic.

8. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

Sadly some of Trump's supporter don't care about the truth, they cannot handle the truth. As long as Trumpmessiah delivers them jobs and more money in their pocket he can tell as many lies as he wants and get away with it. Trump knows his sheeple, he even stated he can shoot a person in Times Square and still get elected. And he is right!
    Goebbels and Stalin must be rejoicing in their graves.

1984 has arrived in 2017! I hope the US press stand up to the bullying even if means they are left out of the cold of the White House press conferences. Get some balls, America!
    If the spokesman can tell a barefaced lie about something to trivial on Day 2, then what next!

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

And why is the guy yelling so much? Is he not aware that he's standing in front of a microphone? Dude, we can hear you. Yelling the bullshit won't make it stink less, you know.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    DS9Continuing, Amaris and Nyotarules like this.
  10. OtherGene

OtherGene Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Easier said than done, like much of his rhetoric. There are a lot of people in America expecting big cars, pools and shiny bath taps and they won't be happy if it turns out Trump cannot deliver on his promises.

11. Locutus of Bored

Baghdad Sean is now trying to say that he wasn't claiming it was the largest inaugural crowd in history IN PERSON, but was saying it was the largest in history if you combine the number of people in person plus the number of viewers on TV domestically and around the globe. Which I doubt that is true either (about TV viewership), but also clearly was not what either Trump said at the CIA speech where I believe he said there were something like a million to a million and a half people at the inaugural or what Spicer said (obviously at Trump's prodding) at the first press conference where he said he was referring to crowd size, not ratings. Last I checked, TV viewers can't be blocked by magnetometers (and neither could the crowds, because the Secret Service says there were no magnetometers on the Mall). White panels on the ground (which have been used before, contrary to Spicer's claims) can't emphasize the lack of TV viewers. He's doubling down on the lies and completely eradicating his credibility yet again.

He also got called on Trump putting rows of supporters in the audience at the CIA to laugh at his jokes and cheer him on, but finally denied it after multiple attempts at reporters getting further clarification.

12. Nyotarules

They swallow the lies and blame the immigrants, or EU or Muslims or the Mexicans. Expecting a cabinet of billionaires to bring back jobs from overseas, now how did those folks get so rich cos all their raw materials and labour were American? Right?
    China owns the USA debt, mess with them at your peril......

OtherGene and Galactic Alignment like this.
  13. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

I think the damage has been done, with Trump and his cronies turning into an international laughing stock. How will they be able to negotiate with the leaders of other countries when these leaders see blatant lies coming out in every sentence? How will these world leaders know when Trump states he'll back them up that when crunch time comes he'll not just say "No, I never said that"?

14. Guy Gardener

They will deal with him like he is a child and liar, underestimating Trump at every turn.

Dealing with irrational people, because they have power, calls for carefulness.

They can't ignore the US.

So they have to eat shit and act like the world is not upside down.

15. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

They'd prefer faucets to taps, I suspect.

Someone else will get the blame so expect mass deportations to begin when manna hasn't started raining from heaven.

OtherGene likes this.
  16. Nyotarules

Well The UK is about to prostitute itself to the USA and the rest of the world since its about to divorce its spouse the E.U. which was its biggest benefactor. By the time the madness is complete, EVERYONE will be eating shit including the voters of Trump. Hope they enjoy the chocolate pie!

17. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I have this great idea for an editorial cartoon--but I can't draw worth a hoot.

***********************************************************************************************************

Trump and Putin are sitting on opposite ends of a table.

On the table, a chessboard

Trump is scratching his head, holding up one of the pieces.

Putin is eyeballing trump, and is holding a Makarov pistol under the table--aimed right at Trump (with the atom symbol on it.)

Putin asks Trump a question:

"So, Mr, President, examining the situation, what do you think the greatest threat here is?"

The caption reads.

Putin teaches Trump the Russian Way of Chess.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You could go farther--with Spock vs Han Solo. One with a phaser type-2 and the 3D chessboard. The other, of course, has his BlasTech Industries DL-44 heavy blaster pistol.

The caption reads:

"I believe we have a stalemate "

18. Nyotarules

After today they take it from the Green card residents who cannot get back into the USA. Problem solved.

19. Guy Gardener

Article I read made it sound like it was only about those Muslims in a refugee status who were being turned away... But Syrian Christian Refugees are very welcome.

Is this only a matter of pretending that you are Christian to get into America, like trump pretended he was Christian to get into the White House?

20. Nyotarules

Trump is an Evangelicals' wet dream (not all of em) such folks have been pretending for decades. They remind me of the old British imperialist attitude who forgot their white Jesus was not an Englishman but a Palestinan Jew.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017