SDCC Exclusives - anyone else eagerly awaiting them?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Winterwind, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

How many others here are getting them?

I must confess that I do feel like a kid again. I'm more excited about these than I was the first wave of classics (which I didn't collect all of) or last year's SDCC exclusives. The Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Doctors, the alt Ninth and Time Crash twinpack, while I was happy to get them, didn't really "excite" me.

With the First and Second Doctors, I actually surprised myself today at how eagerly I am looking forward to them. I've also got the alternate Colin in the blue outfit coming but still, it's the First and Second I'm most keen on.

2. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, you know I am waiting! :lol:

I went the extra distance the moment they were announced, and got in touch with my UK contact. I'm paying for them, and they get sent to his house. Which, after he removes one B&W William Hartnell figure to cover his shipping and handling to the States, he will send me my B&W and Color versions of Hartnell and Troughton, each, as well as my alternate Colin Baker... :techman:

3. Winterwind

I figured you'd have some of them coming. :)

I ordered the regular versions but now I'm starting to wish I'd ordered the B&W version as well. But... well, I need to control my spending. I hate being responsible some times. :(

You opening yours?

4. The

Totally. I don't collect them for investment. I collect them to assemble on my shelf and look at and enjoy. If I were about thirty-years younger, there would be some serious playing-with involved, as well. As is, they're about as close to Doctor Who statues as I can get.

And yeah, this haul will be expensive for me. But, I only get figures generally about once-a-year. So, I think I can splurge this once... :techman:

5. Winterwind

They go on my shelf too, though lately I've found myself wishing I'd got doubles, leaving half unopened. But then again, what's the point? I'm not that kind of collector either.

And I hear ya on the playing bit. I wish I was about 30 years younger myself. :)

6. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes! :techman:

I'm just getting the color versions of the two Doctors, though. Too expensive to get the B&W ones in addition, and I have zero interest in that alternate costume Sixth.

7. Winterwind

*sigh*

Looks like the NA retailers won't actually have them until the 29th. Ah well, the wait will just build the excitement I guess.

And The, seems like a lot of extra work for yours. I'm getting mine through Mike's Comics. He's got the best prices I've seen.

8. Chris3123

I just ordered mine. :techman:

I knew they wouldn't ship until after the SDCC, but I didn't know exactly when. Thanks for the date.

*Checks Mike's Comics* Doh! You're right. I ordered mine from WhoNA. The two-packs are $5 cheaper at MC. Oh well, $10 won't kill me.

9. The

Yeah, I was too impulsive at the time. All I saw is where they had been restricted from outside the UK ordered from FORBIDDEN PLANET, so I immediately crafted a plan around that, since I already have a couple of contacts in the UK. Anyone have a link for this "Mike's Comics"?

10. Chris3123

11. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

They also have two things that make a huge difference. One is a personal touch. Two is they know what customer service is all about, and always provide great service.

12. The

Nice!! Thanks guys! :techman:

13. Winterwind

Exactly. Mike's is always my first stop. Only stop actually.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  14. OmahaStar

I got shipping notice this morning ... The First, Second, and Sixth Doctors are on their way! *bouncing bouncing*

And I saved a boatload by buying them from Mike's Comics instead of going to SDCC and getting them. Go me. :D

15. Chris3123

Mine are on the way too. :techman:

How much were they at Comic-Con?

16. OmahaStar

For the figures alone? Five bucks more each. For the other money I'd spend at SDCC? a LOT more!

17. Chris3123

Ok, so WhoNA sold them for the same price as at Comic-Con then. Yeah, next time I'm going to check Mike's first. :techman:

18. Winterwind

Got my shipping notice too. And I'm still excited. And acting rather like a child.

I've been building my own classic Tardis console room. Foam board, matte board, canabalising any old electronics devices I can find... I've taken apart several remote controls, cellphones, micro-cassette recorders...

What was I saying? Oh yes, Mike's is always the way to go.

19. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

The First and Second Doctors were sold out like in zero seconds at WhoNA, but fortunately I had bookmarked Mike's earlier this year and snagged them there...

20. Chris3123

Mine arrived today. :techman: